Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DavJac

New 5.0 release contains old firmware

Hi,

I've just downloaded the new release 5.0 firmware version from the link provided, yet upon extracting the ZIP file I can only see an old beta 2 file from December 23, 2013. Where is the new firmware? I even tried updating my system, and a message in red writing said "DEVELOPMENT UPDATE ONLY". I would really appreciate the proper, full release firmware made available.

Thanks.

Hi,

I've just downloaded the new release 5.0 firmware version from the link provided, yet upon extracting the ZIP file I can only see an old beta 2 file from December 23, 2013. Where is the new firmware? I even tried updating my system, and a message in red writing said "DEVELOPMENT UPDATE ONLY". I would really appreciate the proper, full release firmware made available.

Thanks.

LOL!!!!

download the newest package from the site, reboot your device, follow the update instructions, vis-a-vis, put it on your thumb drive, and let the SCS.4DJ detect, and install it with your confirmation.

do you like diggin around the software, and seeing what these guys are upto?? there's a lot of rehashed junk in there. if you really wanna get pissed off, there's a way to get root on the device and pull up a shell. it's just like getting root on BSD. browse through there, and you're gonna think you ate a lemon. it's a mess. Did you know there's even wifi drivers in there?? they stuck it in there, and probably had thought about putting some samba or spyware on it, but they never implimented it. it's just eating up harddrive space. if you know linux and BSD, you'll be pretty disappointed by what you find in there. LOL.

Hello,

I have sent this to get updated but worry not the V.5 download is the correct one

THANKS

Carlito

How can it be the correct one? After installing the update the display reads "development update only" - I ask again, how is this the correct v.5 release?

Hello,

You have V.5 but the version downloaded will be adjusted to not say "development update only" for some reason it was left there during the beta versions. Thank you for finding and understanding.

Hello,

The website has been updated to show the V.5 install with out "DEV UPDATE" screen showing up.

Thank you for patience [thumbup]

Also please note that we renamed it to SCS-IX V5.0.1. IT IS THE SAME V.5 everyone has used it is just updated so we included a

".01" to track changes in our logging system.