Gibson Brands Forums

HOF Mini v Shimverb

Thommo

OK, so I'm looking for a reverb pedal to complete my pedal board. I'm looking at the Hall of Fame Mini or the Mooer Shimverb. Both of these tick the boxes in terms of size, quality and price. The question is, which one? Any thoughts or recommendations appreciated!

I bought the Hof Mini. I chose it over the standard Hof because I tend to only use one setting. In this case I like the patch made by the Captain at Andertons. I have it set to around 10 or 11 oclock so it isnt too washy. The thing that attracted me to TC (I also have their chorus and polytune 1 and 2) was that they understand that guitarists are never satisfied with their sound however amazing it may be and that they always like to change things up. With the new beaming they have its easy to save any favourites you may have on your phone for if ever you did get bored. The only other reverb setting I tend to use is the Troy Van Leeuween patch where it has vibrato incorporated into the sound. They're also very well built and quiet.

When I tried out the mooer I found that it sounded more metallic when pushed which wasnt the sound I was after but it may be for some. I also found that when I pushed the level the mix of dry to wet definitely changed significantly and that the dry could get slightly lost. Others may be able to balance it better than I did however.

Whilst the TC is around twice the price I do prefer it. I would suggest that you go to your local music shop and do a side by side. If you do, I would advise you to try out a few of their beam patches so you can better understand the potential of the pedal if you change patches. I'm not sure where abouts you're from but here in England at least, they stock both TC and mooer pedals in most stores. Happy hunting

Archived