Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

Hairy Dave

NGD, not for me but my best mate (so technically it's mine too).

It's a beautiful Hummingbird TV - I'm the numpty with the big grin. Set up was great out of the box. Action was perfect and bags of tone, and volume which I wasn't expecting. He owned an HBTV a few years ago that was pretty tame in the volume dept. This one had no such issue.

Here are a few pics...

HummingbirdTV.jpeg

HBTV03.jpg

HBTV04.jpg

HBTV05.jpg

A yes, one of the eight wonders of the world ... just beautiful.

These Hummingbirds give you almost as much pleasure just looking at them as playing them.

Trust your mate will give you a lot of time on it, enjoy.

Oooouhhh - for a treat.

Can't get tired of these - play mine every day (just did before reading) and sense it in the room like a beautiful painting.

Say congs to your pal and enjoy the guitar as it developes, , , both of you.

Don't hesitate to report, H.D.

I dont quite get what you boys mean ... are you playing Morse code ?

But EA , , , ! ? , , , the top-binding is a stripe-pattern between w's and b's - white and black lines. . .

Don't tell me you missed this point all the times I wrote about it over the years. . .

At least, please reassure me you are aware. .

Congratulations! That's a beautiful Hummingbird TV you have there! I can see it puts a smile on your face! And you said the volume is just right too! Love the tuners and the color too! I have a Hummingbird (a different model) on order, and due to arrive any day. I hope it will put a smile on my face too! We shall see.msp_thumbup.gif

I love the way 'birds change color. Whether it's because of the lighting or it's their moods, I'm just not sure. This one is different in every picture. (Wait til you see it late on a Sunday afternoon. Wait til you hear it about 11pm when you shouldn't be playing it 'cos the wife and kids are asleep so it's just you and the bird all quiet like.)

Beautiful guitar. Please tell your mate you'll need it for a few days to replace the bridge pins. Then replace them one at a time each week.

HD, will you be allowing your mate to join the forum or are we the idiot step-children you don't talk about? [blush]

Congratulations to your mate on a beautiful guitar.

FMA

Congratulations! That's a beautiful Hummingbird TV you have there! I can see it puts a smile on your face! And you said the volume is just right too! Love the tuners and the color too! I have a Hummingbird (a different model) on order, and due to arrive any day. I hope it will put a smile on my face too! We shall see.msp_thumbup.gif

Change of heart?

Ppfffftt

Archived