Gibson Brands Forums

More info on those new Led Zep re-masters

Rabs

Led Zeppelin’s First Three Albums Coming in New Form

Led Zeppelin fans, mark your calendar. On June 3, the band’s first three albums—all newly-remastered by Jimmy Page—will be released in vastly expanded form. Each will be available in multiple formats and with a companion disc featuring previously unreleased material. The companion audio for Led Zeppelin features a previously unreleased performance recorded on October 10, 1969 at the Olympia Theatre in Paris. The nine-song set includes seven tracks from the album as well as "Heartbreaker" and "Moby ****," which would debut on Led Zeppelin II later that month.

The Led Zeppelin II companion audio gives fans the first peek into the band's recording sessions, with alternate mixes of five songs from the album, backing tracks to "Thank You" and "Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)" and the previously unreleased track, "La La." The nine tracks featured on Led Zeppelin III 's companion audio offers a further window into the band's recording process, with seven studio outtakes of songs from the album as well as three previously unheard compositions: "Jennings Farm Blues" (an instrumental forerunner of "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp"), "Bathroom Sound" (an instrumental version of "Out On The Tiles") and their take on the blues classics "Keys To The Highway/Trouble In Mind."

Led Zeppelin , Led Zeppelin II, and Led Zeppelin III will each be available in the following formats:

Single CD - Remastered album packaged in a gatefold card wallet.

Deluxe Edition (2CD) - Remastered album, plus a second disc of unreleased companion audio.

Single LP - Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl, packaged in a sleeve that replicates the LP's first pressing in exacting detail. (For example, III will feature the original wheel and die cut holes.)

Deluxe Edition Vinyl - Remastered album and unreleased companion audio on 180-gram vinyl.

Digital Download - Remastered album and companion audio will both be available.

Super Deluxe Boxed Set - This collection includes:

Remastered album on CD in vinyl replica sleeve.

Companion audio on CD in card wallet.

Remastered album on 180-gram vinyl in a sleeve replicating first pressing.

Companion audio on 180-gram vinyl.

High-def audio download card of all content at 96kHz/24 bit. (Live tracks are 48kHz/24 bit).

Hard bound, 70+ page book filled with rare and previously unseen photos and memorabilia.

High quality print of the original album cover, the first 30,000 of which will be individually numbered.

Led Zeppelin will also include a replica of the band's original Atlantic press kit.

and will cost...?

Be interesting to hear the unreleased stuff - especially as Page supposedly said there was nothing else worthy of releasing when they put out CODA (at only about 33 minutes play time from memory).

All Zep is good and I'm sure the technology available will mean these sound great - and assume more to follow with the balance of their catalogue in due course.

I have a feeling I better start saving! [thumbup]

Rabs, on a kind-of related point - don't know if you've seen but most of the 2007 gig final reharsals have found their way onto you-tube. Classic in Black Dog where there's just ONE guy in the crew singing ah-ah back to Plant in the call and response bit [laugh]

Rabs, on a kind-of related point - don't know if you've seen but most of the 2007 gig final reharsals have found their way onto you-tube. Classic in Black Dog where there's just ONE guy in the crew singing ah-ah back to Plant in the call and response bit [laugh]

No I hadn't.. But I have now.. Cheers :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1HB7-MbSXk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnGligSMus4

Yes. I got the e-mail from Amazon this morning.

In the UK they are available to pre-order for a staggering £91.99...........which works out as $152.87........[scared]

I guess I'll just stick with my old vinyl copies for now.

P.

Are these re-masters of the re-mastered?.....I love Zep.....but...''How Many More Times''.

'' Page has been working on the reissues for almost a year and a half and said the new releases would have "added sonic and visual thrills."

Archived