Gibson Brands Forums

NGD (Fender Content)

kidblast

So, I confessed to all that in the "Fender Gas" topic that I was getting sweaty palms of during the last few months for a new American Standard Strat. digging the idea of Fat 50's pickups, and a maple fretboard, (where as my other strat has rosewood, with Texas Specials.. -- and it is a great guitar)

and now, I have yet again, succumbed, surrendered, given in, oh the evils of GAS, and.. and.. and... (the 36 mos. 0% interest).. When I approached the beautiful Mrs. Blast about my conundrum, she replied "Well, why don't you just do it before that promo ends..." (fender rarely goes for these 0% promos for much more than 6 months) it was all this poh' boy could do..

Bence, don't say I told you so mkay? [woot]

should be here on Monday.. aint she purrrrrdy??

US13124636-angle-large_zps1bfe93aa.jpg

Thanks guys!

I usually don't look forward to Monday's... but this coming Monday, yea.. c'mon Fed-EX!!

I'll let you all know my first impressions.. if it plays/sounds as good as it looks -- winner,winner, chicken dinner!

So, I confessed to all that in the "Fender Gas" topic that I was getting sweaty palms of during the last few months for a new American Standard Strat. digging the idea of Fat 50's

and now, I have yet again, succumbed, surrendered, given in, oh the evils of GAS, and.. and.. and... (the 36 mos. 0% interest)..

Me too!!!

I got the Line6 DT50 & Pod HD500X ordered to make the 1-week only limited time offer for that financing on my Sweetwater Platinum card...

I just couldn't pass up that opportunity to make the purchase of my Line6 modeling rig I've been looking to get...

While in general I've hated the thought of a modeling amp with digital effects, my reasearch on the Line6 DT & it's matching control and interaction with the Pod HD500X to give you a faithful reproduction of the sounds of dozens of the greatest amps throughout history, it is a fine amp worthy of gigging and performace in it's own right as a real and quality tube amp!

I just can't afford to buy all the amps I'd like to try out and this is as close as I'm ever going to get to many of the ones I'd like to try for myself.

I can't wait...

I know Jim,,

what the heck... how are we supposed to just look the other way when they offer promos like this.

It's a conspiracy,, and ya know what -- I LOVE IT!!!

Good score on that rig.. Hope it ROCKS your world man...

Very nice score!! [thumbup]

I have a Sienna burst too, I love it.

Hi Bill, since it's a standard (from your signature) I guess it's loaded up with fat 50s?

How do you like them?

I do know, from the few times I tried my friends strat with them, I loved them. (his has a rosewood board which will darken the tone a tad)

so it was either replace the texas specials in my existing strat (which I don't want to do cuz I like them too) or... pick up this.. the "Pick up this" option apparently won hands down.. (as Shrek noted.. God bless Mrs Blast who never utters a disparaging word when I get the itch..)

So, I confessed to all that in the "Fender Gas" topic that I was getting sweaty palms of during the last few months for a new American Standard Strat. digging the idea of Fat 50's pickups, and a maple fretboard, (where as my other strat has rosewood, with Texas Specials.. -- and it is a great guitar)

and now, I have yet again, succumbed, surrendered, given in, oh the evils of GAS, and.. and.. and... (the 36 mos. 0% interest).. When I approached the beautiful Mrs. Blast about my conundrum, she replied "Well, why don't you just do it before that promo ends..." (fender rarely goes for these 0% promos for much more than 6 months) it was all this poh' boy could do..

Bence, don't say I told you so mkay? [woot]

should be here on Monday.. aint she purrrrrdy??

US13124636-angle-large_zps1bfe93aa.jpg

Very nice kid... Congrats.

I love the Fat 50s pups. They are fat without losing that Strat tone, kind of an SRV vibe more so than the Texas Specials IMHO. I changed out the pick guard with a white purloid one and swapped out the tuners for some Fender locking. Otherwise I would not change a thing. Its an awesome axe.

I love the Fat 50s pups. They are fat without losing that Strat tone, kind of an SRV vibe more so than the Texas Specials IMHO. I changed out the pick guard with a white purloid one and swapped out the tuners for some Fender locking. Otherwise I would not change a thing. Its an awesome axe.

EXCELLENT!!!!!

A lot of folks seem to really dig these pups.

thanks for the encouraging words Bill!

Nice one Kid (and Jimi too) - what great deal. For I guess about the price of a couple of beers a week or a pack of smokes or whatever in 3 years you've paid it off and at no interest !

Even just a gig every 3 months or so would pay it off. I hope it works out for the retailer too as its a good way to help people into good guitars and amps they might not otherwise be able to get - equipment people then keep for years/decades rather than having to buy stuff they know they'll probably be dumping at a loss before too long. Congrats!

Archived