Gibson Brands Forums

Sunday Song

Buc McMaster

You sound excellent, Buc. You and that uke are a perfect match. Both of you have a big but gentle voice. That little uke really projects. I enjoy this kind of stuff........Dean Martin was a class act. I always liked him a lot. Truly my favorite of the so-called "crooners." Nice guy too. [thumbup]

Many of you may remember the Dean Martin Show that aired from the mid-60s to the early 70s..........what a crooner! Such a relaxed and smooth voice that man had! His is among the voices I remember from my youth that make me want to sing such tunes............

Oh yeah? Well I hate to burst your dreams, Mr. Buc-a-Roo, but here's what Dean's friend Frank had to say about him:

Frank on Dean

FMA

Oh yeah, you sound great!

Buc, another good one.

I could listen to you all day long.

I'm a big Dino fan too, just last week relistened his

805e228dfcbbbdff3cab826f4afc7c110073f9ee55b4be7bd2fd0ee42b15f47b_110x110.jpg?response-content-type=image%2Fjpeg&Expires=1395105145&AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIOZ57IZXGHNMQP5Q&Signature=eJHWEua%2BNATxS7UetYvnZxi1Fy4%3D

I've never heard the young Buc sing but I think your matured voice, which by you admission is not as strong as it used to be, has developed that great tone as some famous artist have obtained.

When I listen to a young Eddie Arnold he has a very strong great voice.

When I listen to him in the 60's he has a not so quite a strong voice but a more mellow smooth voice that better represents his actual speaking voice. I have all his 60's recordings.

The same can be said about other artist of that area such as Ray Price just to name another.

Too many singers peak out and then it's all downhill.

Embellish your gift and keep sharing it.

If you made a CD of the classics you've been singing with just the ukulele I'd be the first in line to buy it.

Thank you thank you thank you! Appreciate the love, folks!

I remember the very first time I played on a stage with a band.......two guitars, bass, drums.......and no singer! Nobody sang! Sheesh! So I set about trying to learn to avoid said situation in the future. Still trying!

FMA: with friends like that who needs enemies, huh.

Thank you thank you thank you! Appreciate the love, folks!

I remember the very first time I played on a stage with a band.......two guitars, bass, drums.......and no singer! Nobody sang! Sheesh! So I set about trying to learn to avoid said situation in the future. Still trying!

FMA: with friends like that who needs enemies, huh.

Well bud, I think you got that singing thing learned. Hell, I don't even miss the guitars when you sing. Keep 'em coming.

Archived