Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Gibson dove in flight ltd

chairpa

I have just ordered a 2014 120th anniversary dove in flight. i was told there is only 30 worldwide being made with only 15 for US market.

I have a pdf from Gibson on this guitar,looking for additional info. there is no mention of this guitar on website.

please email me any links that pertain to this guitar

Chairpa.... Doves in Flight are a real nice Guitar... thats one I have not owned owned yet... Im not sure what your refering to with the 120th... but its a Real nice guitar anyways.... Got any pictures?

We have at least 1 Doves In Flight glider here - and he's very fond of his.

Maple guitars are something special and can reach impressing highs.

If this is your first Gibson, you definitely start from the top. . .

Welcome, , , and tell us more when the time is right.

Guys thanks for all the info. The guitars are to be built they just came out for march 2014 order to 5 star dealers only. The dealer I am dealing with told me they get a monthly list of ltd guitars to 5 star dealers. he mentioned this one to me. Gibson states that there will be only 30 worldwide made with 15 for US market. The difference is back and sides are figured american walnut, and 120th anniversary banner on 12 fret.

I have a pdf of the guitar and will list if i can figure how to post a pic to this site

As far as gear I have owned many Gibson's over the years

i currently have, 2012 Gibson firebird acoustic, martins and Taylor.

Guys thanks for all the info. The guitars are to be built they just came out for march 2014 order to 5 star dealers only. The dealer I am dealing with told me they get a monthly list of ltd guitars to 5 star dealers. he mentioned this one to me. Gibson states that there will be only 30 worldwide made with 15 for US market. The difference is back and sides are figured american walnut, and 120th anniversary banner on 12 fret.

I have a pdf of the guitar and will list if i can figure how to post a pic to this site

As far as gear I have owned many Gibson's over the years

i currently have, 2012 Gibson firebird acoustic, martins and Taylor.

Walnut will be interesting on the DIF. My 2013 has curly maple sides and back done in cherry finish and it is truly beautiful. I'm not usually fond of cherry stain but mine is stunning. Let us see pics when you get her.

Orville Gibson began in 1894 in his home workshop in Kalamazoo, Michigan. With no formal training, Gibson created an entirely new style of mandolin and guitar, with tops carved and arched like the top of a violin. His creations were so different that he was granted a patent on his design.[1] More importantly, they were louder and more durable than contemporary fretted instruments, and musicians soon demanded more than he was able to build in his one-man shop.

On the strength of Gibson's ideas, five Kalamazoo businessmen formed the Gibson Mandolin-Guitar Mfg. Co., Ltd., in 1902.

They must be basing the 120th on when Mr. Gibson started in his home. :)

BTW, I didn't know this, but Wikipedia told me all this.

Yes, Gibson as a company recognizes 1894 as their founding.

My 1994 Hummingbird has the 100 year anniversary label inside, not the orange one.

100 Ann year was a good year for nice Gibsons..

Walnut? That is shameful. They are using a very inexpensive wood for a very expensive guitar. They have no shame. It's just another way to cut costs and increase profits. Walnut? That is totally ridiculous. They can't claim environmental issues as Maple is a sustainable wood. My guess is that this guitar is also decorated with Ablam. Gibson has reached a new low...

Walnut? That is shameful. They are using a very inexpensive wood for a very expensive guitar. They have no shame. It's just another way to cut costs and increase profits. Walnut? That is totally ridiculous. They can't claim environmental issues as Maple is a sustainable wood. My guess is that this guitar is also decorated with Ablam. Gibson has reached a new low...

Not sure where you buy lumber around Bozeman but in the northeast walnut is comparably priced to curly maple and has been for many years. If the end result is good then where is the shame? If they sound lousy, people won't buy them.

Archived