Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Custom

roryodwyer

There doesn't seem to be anywhere in the Gibson Custom section of this forum to put you new Customs!!! So will put it in here where most the activity is. Picked up this a while back. A 2004 Custom. Pickup covers were taken off by the previous owner but I like the way it looks without them. This guitar is amazing. A dream come true to have one. Sounds so good and feels so good to have it in my hands.

IMG_0505_zps8c3e5efb.jpg

IMG_0502_zps303b7094.jpg

IMG_0501_zps26a84d38.jpg

IMG_0496_zpsb85c7cf8.jpg

IMG_0492_zpsee996ba9.jpg

IMG_0487_zpsc598ef76.jpg

IMG_0486_zpsd182c8ab.jpg

"Black Beauty" (even without the 3 pickups)! [thumbup][biggrin]

Gives me "Pangs" [wub][crying] for my old '68 shown here:

CharlieBrown19Summer1969withMarshal.jpg

CB

That "Black Beauty" would be worth a mint today...as well as the cool 360 Rick you have next to you! What happened to those guitars?

I think back to that era & wish I had bought some of the great guitars of that time & locked them up somewhere to enjoy now!! Cool pic.

This is such a great picture Charlie :)

[biggrin] Thanks, Donny. It was 1969, I was 19, and lots of hair, still!

(The hair got a LOT longer, not too long after this photo was taken.) I

miss all the "gear," in that photo, as well as my hair. [blush][crying]

But, I'm very fortunate, and have replaced (and then some) all gear items,

pictured. Still working on the Marshall. I have a 1960A Slant cabinet,

and will probably stop, there, except for a Plexi or DSL head. Too old,

to cart around a full stack. And, most places I play anymore, wouldn't

allow one, anyway. (I use, mostly, a Fender "Blues Jr." these days!)

But, I have a soft spot, for Marshall 1/2 (and Full) Stacks, as well.[biggrin]

CB

That "Black Beauty" would be worth a mint today...as well as the cool 360 Rick you have next to you! What happened to those guitars?

I think back to that era & wish I had bought some of the great guitars of that time & locked them up somewhere to enjoy now!! Cool pic.

Unfortunately, all that gear was sold, in 1972. I stopped playing, for 30 years! [crying]

Used the money, for college tuition, and camera gear (Photojournalism major).

Our former bass player, who was home on leave, from "Basic" in the Marine Corps, snapped that

photo, on his polaroid. He was later sent to Vietnam, but survived, unscratched, thank

God! He's still one of my best friends, to this day! I scanned his polaroid, all these

years later.

CB

There doesn't seem to be anywhere in the Gibson Custom section of this forum to put you new Customs!!! So will put it in here where most the activity is.

You think you have it tough? Look to the left at the guitar in my avatar.

It's a Custom Shop '61 Les Paul Custom reissue. It's not an SG, so it doesn't really belong there. Les Paul guys get all weird when you put it in the Les Paul section. It's a reissue but you can clearly see it doesn't belong in the Historic section. Oh well, I guess I'll continue to go around just stickin' it wherever I can.

Very nice Black Beauty and welcome aboard.

Archived