Gibson Brands Forums

Kate Bush to play 15 London dates

jdgm

Announced earlier today -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26679515

Speculation is that it will be mostly her and a grand piano, new or recent material; but nothing - even Dave Gilmour playing ukelele - is being ruled out.

It will be expensive and she is gonna have to be good. She will be. All 15 nights will sell out very quickly.

Will she have, does she need, a good guitar player?

rct...??

OK.

I've a week to wait before I get annoyed by knowing all the usual ticket-touts - sorry, Ticket Agencies - have already been able to buy every available seat for the 15 days session....

:angry:

P.

OK.

I've a week to wait before I get annoyed by knowing all the usual ticket-touts - sorry, Ticket Agencies - have already been able to buy every available seat for the 15 days session....

:angry:

P.

And this is often the problem with London concerts these days. I would have liked to see Eric Johnson in town on his 5-date tour last year but by the time I found out about it all the (£30 max price) tickets had gone up to £90 or £120. Forget it. Then he played in Harrogate for Chrissakes!

But Hammersmith was once the place, and that 'once' was around the time she last played live, which was there. I'm glad it's not the O2 arena.

However even if I don't get a ticket there will probably be - has to be - an audio/video release of it. Got to be a few special guests over the 15 nights.

Tickets are on sale Friday 28 March 2014 at 09:30.

Dates as follows:

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Friday 29 August 2014

Saturday 30 August 2014

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Friday 5 September 2014

Saturday 6 September 2014

Tuesday 9 September 2014

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Thursday 11 September 2014

Friday 12 September 2014

Saturday 13 September 2014

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Friday 19 September 2014 gray75_polling.gifLoading...Event InformationDateEvent NameFind Ticket1-0 of 0all times are local1-0 of 0

**Tickets**

Ticketing procedures have been put in place to ensure that tickets do not get sold on and fans do not pay a higher price for their tickets.

Ticket purchases are limited to a maximum of 4 per order. For example, you can try to purchase up to 4 tickets for just one of the 15 concerts, or 4 tickets for 4 separate shows.

The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made.

The lead booker will be asked to present ID to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being void. There are no exceptions to this rule.

The name of the lead booker will be printed on the first ticket. As the number of tickets is limited they will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.

Tickets cannot be resold or transferred under any circumstances. If the promoter reasonably believe this to be the case the barcode on the ticket will be voided, prohibiting entry to the concert.

Age Restriction: 14+ (ALL UNDER 16's MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT)

www.eventim.co.uk

www.gigsandtours.com

www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Tickets will be limited to 4 per booking and photo ID will be required to be presented by the lead booker upon arrival at the venue on the night of the show. Tickets are priced at £49, £59, £75, £95, £135 and are subject to a booking fee.

I will be there.

I have a cunning plan.

Does no one criticise that every date is in London? Again. Every thing is London in the UK. Yet it's a great big s**t hole full of illegal immigrants and crime. It's like London is a separate country.

First thing I said ''lash'' when I heard......PAH!...........Could have picked maybe five? venues around the country...hardly a ''strain'' for her...in fact I might not go in protest ''Oh England My Lionheart''..PAH!....''Oh London My Cashcow''

...''There Goes A Tenner''................ gunna' cost a lot more than that just for my supply of humbugs.

For those of use who have absolutely no chance of seeing her, here's a little teaser:

Sorry, it's just a link, for some reason I can no longer get the video's to show.

Ian

Remove the S from https.. that should make it show

First thing I said ''lash'' when I heard......PAH!...........Could have picked maybe five? venues around the country...hardly a ''strain'' for her...in fact I might not go in protest ''Oh England My Lionheart''..PAH!....''Oh London My Cashcow''

...''There Goes A Tenner''................ gunna' cost a lot more than that just for my supply of humbugs.

All the tickets will be sold in 5 mins too. Then straight back up for sale for a fortune. This world we live in gets more and more corrupt.

I think Ticketmaster are the biggest ticket touts in the business. Last year when I tried to buy tickets to see Fleetwood Mac at Manchester, at 9 o'clock the day tickets went on sale, there were none available, but you could get them if you bought from Ticketmaster's "Platinum" deal, which was £270 for a £90 ticket. I refuse to pay that sort of money on principle, and there's no way I'd pay £540 to take my wife and be cramped all night in the arena's uncomfortable seats.

Ian

I think Ticketmaster are the biggest ticket touts in the business. Last year when I tried to buy tickets to see Fleetwood Mac at Manchester, at 9 o'clock the day tickets went on sale, there were none available, but you could get them if you bought from Ticketmaster's "Platinum" deal, which was £270 for a £90 ticket. I refuse to pay that sort of money on principle, and there's no way I'd pay £540 to take my wife and be cramped all night in the arena's uncomfortable seats.

Ian

Here Here!.......i'm NOT going to try and get a ticket....by the time I pay ticket/train/accommodation/humbugs x2...we could get a fortnight in the sun......these old bones would prefer that......I'll listen to Katie on the plane.....

....by the time I pay ticket/train/accommodation/humbugs x2...we could get a fortnight in the sun......these old bones would prefer that......I'll listen to Katie on the plane.....

WOW! Is she going to be flying with you? ! ! !

[woot]

I wonder how they will get around this clause (copied verbatim from one of Pauloon's earlier posts);

"The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made.

The lead booker will be asked to present ID to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being void. There are no exceptions to this rule".

P.

WOW! Is she going to be flying with you? ! ! !

[woot]

I wonder how they will get around this clause (copied verbatim from one of Pauloon's earlier posts);

"The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made.

The lead booker will be asked to present ID to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being void. There are no exceptions to this rule".

P.

[biggrin]

Nearly had it arranged...,(Transcipt of todays telephone call).....P... ''Kate''.....KB ''Pauloon!,,great to hear from you,..why do you never return my calls?'' ..P ''Never mind that,i need you to do me a favour''....KB ''Of course Pauloon,anything for you,..you know that''...P... ''Will you share your ditties with me on a plane to Havana?''... KB'' Oh I would love to...but nocando...I only fly by kite''....P...PAH!''.

As for this.....i'm sure I've seen it many times,yet the Touts still Tout...and the Touted Tickets still get used.

Tickets for Kate Bush's first live shows in 35 years have sold out in less than 15 minutes.

Tickets for the 22 dates at London's Hammersmith Apollo went on sale at 09:30 GMT on Friday morning.

The star said she was "completely overwhelmed by the response". "Thank you so much to everyone," she added.

The Before the Dawn concerts, which take place this August and September, mark the singer's first return to the stage since The Tour Of Life in 1979.

Demand was so high that the singer's own website, as well as some ticket-selling sites, crashed as people tried to log on.

The BBC's Colin Paterson reported that tickets with a face value of £135 were already being offered on sale on secondary ticketing sites for more than £1000.

Bush was just 20 when she completed her one and only tour, a year after topping the charts with Wuthering Heights.

The six-week tour, which travelled around Britain and mainland Europe, ended at the Hammersmith Odeon - now the Hammersmith Apollo.

Additional shows

Following the initial announcement of 15 dates last week, seven more dates were added in response to "massive pre-sale demand".

"Kate decided to add the extra shows in a bid to make sure as many people who wish to see a show can do so," said the official statement.

A spokesman for Ticketmaster UK described the demand for tickets as "phenomenal".

"At our peak, the Ticketmaster website had over 65,000 fans looking for tickets," said Simon Presswell.

"Despite playing 22 dates, demand has significantly exceeded the number of tickets available so regrettably a number of fans will be left disappointed."

Bush, whose hits include Running Up That Hill and Babooshka, last released an album in 2011 - the Brit-nominated 50 Words For Snow.

The 55-year-old singer received a CBE for services to music last year

Yes...bit of a scandal really but inevitable and totally predictable, even with the extra dates. London theatre and gig tickets - it's a closed shop and it's been like that for decades but the internet and the withdrawal generally of record company tour support have made it a punter's nightmare.

I expect there will be some media brouhaha about it as she is seen as an icon. Questions will be asked at the press conference if she bows to pressure and gives one.

No - I didn't get a ticket. I would never even bother applying in such circumstances.

Tickets with a "face value of £135"...! Too much IMO.

What say you?

Archived