Gibson Brands Forums

LP Traditional serial

Philyon

Hi all Gibson lovers, [smile]

I bought a brand new '13 LP Traditional in caramel burst at my local store, but when I checked at home the serial number on the quality check paper, it didn't match with the serial of my guitar (see attached files).

It's strange because the seller told me he had no other '13 LP Trad in his store and he though it was an inversion directly at Gibson.

The quality check serial is about a LP Trad in Caramel burst too, like mine !

Is it possible that Gibson made an inversion about cases ??

post-474-097534800 1395510821_thumb.jpg

post-474-026238500 1395510828_thumb.jpg

There are sixteen days between the two numbers which makes a change of cases by mistake at Gibson rather unlikely. I guess this might have happened at the dealer.

Since there seems to be no other guitar with that particluar finish in stock at your delaer, the mistake might have happened somewhere else in the retail chain, or the buyer of the other guitar isn't aware of the same kind mistake.

Wow, that's a long time in between posts!

Case mix ups - This happens all the time at GC (and other dealers). If you really want the paper, call the dealer and have them check their cases in storage. If they still have the one with your paper work, just bring in the wrong paper you have and swap it for the correct paper. No need to swap the case. If the original paper work is gone with the case, c'est la vie.

Archived