Gibson Brands Forums

WILKO JOHNSON & ROGER DALTREY

IanHenry

[thumbup] Enjoyed that! Thanks, Ian. [biggrin]

I hear rumors of "The Who" recording a new album??? Interesting, since there

are only 2 original "Who" members alive. Why don't they leave "The Who," in it's

original state of grace, and rename the new band the "Townsend-Daltry" band,

or "Daltry-Townsend" band. "The Who" died, with Keith Moon, and for sure with

John Entwhistle's passing. I have no problem, with Townsend and Daltry continuing

to make music, together...but, it's NOT "The Who!" But, that's IMHO, as always. [biggrin]

CB

[thumbup] Enjoyed that! Thanks, Ian. [biggrin]

I hear rumors of "The Who" recording a new album??? Interesting, since there

are only 2 original "Who" members alive. Why don't they leave "The Who," in it's

original state of grace, and rename the new band the "Townsend-Daltry" band,

or "Daltry-Townsend" band. "The Who" died, with Keith Moon, and for sure with

John Entwhistle's passing. I have no problem, with Townsend and Daltry continuing

to make music, together...but, it's NOT "The Who!" But, that's IMHO, as always. [biggrin]

CB

The DT'S would be apt....................................................................(already a band called that if memory serves).

I must say, even as a Blues-Hound, I love Dr. Feelgood and have been a big fan of Wilko Johnson!

I too am glad he's doing his best to go-on despite his odds...

It was Wilko Johnson that turned me onto Mick Green from Johnny Kidd & The Pirates, and later, just; The Pirates...

Them guys can play!!!

Spooky...I was listening to the Feelgoods about 10 mins ago and was wondering what the news was re: Wilko...........[blink]

My brother saw them when they played at the Uni he was at in '76 and he went straight out and bought Malpractice. I've been a fan since the first listen.

I was lucky enough to see him with his 'Solid Senders' years later. Loony!

I remember reading in his wiki entry that he was hoping to get the album (with Rog) finished sometime this month.

What can you say about a guy who came out with these words towards the end of 2013;

"The thing I'm really frightened of is to keep doing farewells. If I ain't dead by the end of the year it's gonna start getting embarrassing!"

[lol]

Truly Top Bloke.

eusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gifeusa_clap.gif

P.

we always do a couple of Dr Feelgood numbers, even though its possible no one in the audience would know of the band, and regularly talk of doing more of their songs. It does make you feel good too! [biggrin]

I check on Wilko's websites occasionally and last I saw he had gigs in May so that's great news. I like the new stuff [thumbup]

My CD arrived in the post today. It is truly outstanding.

Saw Wilko live in Dunkirk years ago, in a double-header with John Otway (an equally "individual" talent) and quite a few times since, including last spring's "farewell" tour. His playing is always top notch and he is always a great presence.

I also went to the BBC studios in Maida Vale last year to sit in the (tiny) audience while he talked and played his way through hs recollections of recording the first Feelgod album. Very, very funny stories (especially about Lemmy, the Clash and Ian Dury) and a very sharp witted, humble guy, facing his certain and untimely death with an admirably positive approach. With any luck, I will see him again at the Yeovil Blues Festival in May - never thought he would see another spring, and certainly never thought he would still be gigging.

Hats off to Wilko.

...we always do a couple of Dr Feelgood numbers, even though its possible no one in the audience would know of the band...

It's a funny thing but every time I pick up the Tele the first thing I play is invariably "Another Man".

It's not a conscious thing - it just seems to 'fit' with the Tele somehow.

P.

Wilko used to scare the s--- out of me at those early gigs...he just looked so manic......meat cleaver in pocket type.....good egg though.

As there are a couple of folks here who seem newly acquainted with the Feelgoods here's 20-odd mins of them 'back in the day' (from Pauloon's hometown to boot!).

Skip to 1:17...

P.

As there are a couple of folks here who seem newly acquainted with the Feelgoods here's 20-odd mins of them 'back in the day' (from Pauloon's hometown to boot!).

Skip to 1:17...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBBfVBqQif8

P.

WOW!..Thanks for that Pippy...I remember it!.....that Dave Eager was an R-SOUL..Surprised Lee didn't chin him....also......Lee's got a different suit!.........we used to try and ''blag'' our way into these shows...never got in one!

I know this is an older pic,but this is how ''I'' always saw/see Wilko....

6ezpFcF.jpg

I'll have to work through my..Lu....dinner break now.!.

WOW!..Thanks for that Pippy...I remember it!....also......Lee's got a different suit!.........

I know this is an older pic,but this is how ''I'' always saw/see Wilko....

I'll have to work through my..Lu....dinner break now.!.

To Whit;

I saw it sometime way back in the past as well but it must have been after '76 because I didn't know them pre-Malpractice. Weird.

My Dad's reaction to watching it was thinking Wilko was a right loony!....lol!

For me I always see Lee and Wilko (and the others) as they look on the covers of 'Down By the Jetty' and 'Malpractice'. I've had both albums so long now that it's an automatic reaction to hearing the band's name.

Perhaps it was just the very early pressings but my copy of DBtJ is in glorious Mono!

Yes. I'm meant to be starting a 3-day shoot this A.M. but it's already a half-day behind schedule. Bugger.

P.

Archived