Gibson Brands Forums

Remembering songs

Tman

Great point Milod. As I get older I do find that it's tougher to get recall, probably because the head is full of useless crap.

LPGuitarman that is another good point. I find that when just relax and go with the flow, the muscle memory or whatever it is (the force?) will often guide me through. Especially true with songs I have been playing forever - Saw Her Standing There, Back in the USSR, etc.

I think the trick in life is to maintain that sense of wonder, that sense of joy, that comes from some indefinable place in our being.

Einstein supposedly said, "He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."

Another I encountered surfing quickly for this may explain the amount of material we've learned as we grow: "The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder."

m

I think the trick in life is to maintain that sense of wonder, that sense of joy, that comes from some indefinable place in our being.

Einstein supposedly said, "He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."

Another I encountered surfing quickly for this may explain the amount of material we've learned as we grow: "The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder."

m

Very well said all around, Milod.

Archived