Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall Amps.......

Zeke

I used to be an Orange guy.. and then this came out and I bought one. I use it from clean finger picking blues through to Hard rock. The dials are super sensitive and the Reverb is very very good.

I can honestly say I don't need or pine for any other amp

http://www.coda-music.com/marshall-sl5c-slash-signature-combo-p-14830.html

I've got one of these little suckers too and it is an awesome amp. The only complaint I have about the amp is the lack of an effects loop. But the tone, just guitar and amp, is pretty amazing. The clean is really clean too (for a Marshall).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your statement about the attenuator affecting the life of tubes might be a little misleading. It isn't the attenuator that sucks the life out of your power tubes, it's the fact that the amp is being played at wide open volumes.

Thanks for the assists.

Plus "Marketing!" [biggrin]

true, but saying it on a gibson guitar board is the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it? hahahahaha

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

i'm just a home player, i live in an apt, so i need to be careful about noise. i've tried alot of different things. for you guys playing where vol is not an issue, marshall stuff is great. for guys like me, not so much. i could go spend $700+tax on a 1 watt head that's tube sockets mounted to a greenboard, but my balogna-class budget forces me to be too selective for that. i've tried lots of the smaller amps, and they're ok, but for one reason or another alot of them didn't work for me, as well as i wanted them to. i had an ac4 head with a nice 1x12 cab (not the stock one) and it came really close. great tone from an amp that was under $200, but by the time you get it to the sweetspot, it's too loud for in here even in the 1/4 w setting. for here in the apt, the best i have found so far are the lil nite train, or if you don't mind s.s. the cube 30x, or if you need to be super quiet, the pod gx. but keep in mind, that i stick to the budget stuff. if you have $$ to spend, there's some seriously tasty stuff out there.

but if you can afford to make just a little noise, like a basement or a garage? the best kept secret in cool budget tube amps is the vht classic 18.

Archived