Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul with 2 p90s and a mini-humbucker??

Basslife

Im a bass player but am looking to get a guitar for recording. Has Gibson or Epiphone ever made a Les Paul with 2p90s and a mini-humbucker, with the mini either in the middle or bridge position?? Mahogany guitars with full-size hum buckers sound muddy to me, but since Korina LP's are so damn expensive, this seems like the option that would give the best balance of warmth and bite. If so, which specific models?? If not, has anyone modded their LP like this and could tell me how it sounded??

Thanks

Has Gibson or Epiphone ever made a Les Paul with 2p90s and a mini-humbucker, with the mini either in the middle or bridge position??

I don't believe we have, but I bet it would sound good! IMO, the P-90's a Mini-humbuckers compliment each other nicely [thumbup]

I don't believe we have, but I bet it would sound good! IMO, the P-90's a Mini-humbuckers compliment each other nicely [thumbup]

How much would you charge for a custom, say based on the studio pro, if the only change I made was the pickup configuration (p90/mini/ slightly overwound p90)??

Im a bass player but am looking to get a guitar for recording. Has Gibson or Epiphone ever made a Les Paul with 2p90s and a mini-humbucker, with the mini either in the middle or bridge position?? Mahogany guitars with full-size hum buckers sound muddy to me, but since Korina LP's are so damn expensive, this seems like the option that would give the best balance of warmth and bite. If so, which specific models?? If not, has anyone modded their LP like this and could tell me how it sounded??

Thanks

2 P90s and a minihum? sounds ambitious :P

Might be easier (relatively) to find one with 3 P90s and retrofit a minihumbucker in there.

Considered a custom guitar client like Warmoth.com ?

IMO you don't seem like one who's very selective about the brand, name, etc. but do correct me if i am wrong…

(no one pls come after me for that statement…)

An option to consider might be the Nighthawk

Happy hunting msp_thumbup.gif

Truth. :D

• 1 month later...

Sounds like something Pete Townshend would have done to a '70s Deluxe.

YES! There is an excellent picture on the current Musician's Friend catalog of Pete's #1 LP. He has two pickup selectors added . Their placement is great- in line and out of the way. Still, I think his SG Special/HiWatt rig was best.

Archived