Gibson Brands Forums

new spots on Signature T

the dog

Congrats, HP, nice guitar, glad you like it! [thumbup]

You're right with the back. Most Gibson USA Les Paul guitars may have one or two piece bodies.

By the way, I'm with you, and like you and Donny I also would replace the "Deutsche Telekom T" truss rod cover. However, I generally like blank TRCs over hotstamped, inked or engraved ones. Swapped them on all Gibsons it applied to. B)

I also took of the silly "T" truss rod cover. Have you ever come across completely blacked out ones for sale online?

• 1 month later...

I also took of the silly "T" truss rod cover. Have you ever come across completely blacked out ones for sale online?

Gibson sells completely black ones, the normal black, with white edges, and the '59 historic,

that have a wider white outline area, which are the one's "I" generally prefer, and use.

But, to each his or her own. Most can be purchased at MF, Sweetwater, or other Gibson dealers.

CB

Levism what is going on with your guitar?

I hope everything is good.

Funny you should ask. I got a call from the rep in yorkville. They , for whatever reason , couldn't get an answer from gibson for weeks and weeks( Even had to send more pictures. ) but finally the are going to take the guitar back. I will just need to send it back and then go from there. No word on what they intend to do as far as replacing it. I'll update you on the next steps .... Feels like forever.

• 3 weeks later...

Long & Mcquade sell blank Gibson truss rod covers for Les Pauls. They cost 12 bucks. I have 2 of them.

I had a Sig T Les paul but replaced it. After reading this thread glad I replaced it when I did.

Gibson sells completely black ones, the normal black, with white edges, and the '59 historic,

that have a wider white outline area, which are the one's "I" generally prefer, and use.

But, to each his or her own. Most can be purchased at MF, Sweetwater, or other Gibson dealers.

CB

Long and Mcquade also sell the blank truss rod covers. the regular ones only cost 12 dollars here but the historic ones cost more than 40 dollars.

Archived