Gibson Brands Forums

Volume Pot with kill switch for Goth

My 2003 Epiphone '58 Reissue Goth Explorer came to me third-hand, missing the momentary switch on the third volume/control knob. I've seen quite a few in the Goth series, and they all seems to have this, so I can only assume a previous owner took it out (which seems ridiculous, just don't use it if you have no need). I have called Epiphone, scoured eBay, and contacted both AllParts and Seymour MacDonald, and none of them have the kill switch I'm looking for. It looks just like the other knobs, but comes slightly off the guitar, and when you depress it, it cuts the signal, and when you remove your hand, it springs right back to it's original position, restoring the normal signal, which allows for rapid "stutters" without effing up your pickup selector switch.

Any insight into where I can order one of these would be huge! Thanks guys.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 2003 Epiphone '58 Reissue Goth Explorer came to me third-hand, missing the momentary switch on the third volume/control knob. I've seen quite a few in the Goth series, and they all seems to have this, so I can only assume a previous owner took it out (which seems ridiculous, just don't use it if you have no need). I have called Epiphone, scoured eBay, and contacted both AllParts and Seymour MacDonald, and none of them have the kill switch I'm looking for. It looks just like the other knobs, but comes slightly off the guitar, and when you depress it, it cuts the signal, and when you remove your hand, it springs right back to it's original position, restoring the normal signal, which allows for rapid "stutters" without effing up your pickup selector switch.

Any insight into where I can order one of these would be huge! Thanks guys.

Musician's Friend sells them. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/shadow-kill-pot--potentiometer-for-humbucker-pickups

Archived