Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pauloon

First song you remember liking.

Is there additional points for this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tou8-Cz8is

[rolleyes]

Yes, here they are. One of the earliest songs in my life I remember. Harry Belafonte has been very popular in Germany selling lots of copies and getting much airplay as well. And, of course, as a young boy I loved catchy vocal melodies, and still love them! [biggrin]

I think were alone now.

A friends older sister was big into Tommy James and the Shondells I remember this song being played a lot. Gotta be the first one/song I heard and it was definatly on a 45 like most of what she owned way back then.what ever happened to them?BTW I think Tommy James went to the same hair cutter guy as Roger Daltrey

http://youtu.be/zyMLBXxF6is

I was certain that I responded to this thread already… but upon investigation, I see have not. Perhaps it was a similarly-themed thread. Anyway…

The first songs I remember taking note of I heard when I was around 6 or 7 years old. "Jet" by Paul McCartney and "You're Sixteen…" by Ringo Starr. Yup! I knew right off the bat what I liked! [wink]

The first song/s that grabbed me as a fledgling guitarist I heard some years later when I was around 10 years old: "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions" by Queen. I thought that guitar "solo" that links the two song was the coolest thing I'd ever heard, and I wanted to be able to play like that.

I was certain that I responded to this thread already… but upon investigation, I see have not. Perhaps it was a similarly-themed thread. Anyway…

The first songs I remember taking note of I heard when I was around 6 or 7 years old. "Jet" by Paul McCartney and "You're Sixteen…" by Ringo Starr. Yup! I knew right off the bat what I liked! [wink]

The first song/s that grabbed me as a fledgling guitarist I heard some years later when I was around 10 years old: "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions" by Queen. I thought that guitar "solo" that links the two song was the coolest thing I'd ever heard, and I wanted to be able to play like that.

Brian May's "Red Special" is as crucial for tone as the VOX AC30 amp. Trying this combination one day has been a hair-raising experience for me. For the guitar:

http://www.brianmayguitars.co.uk/bm-special.html

I found a 45 of Mel Carter's "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me" in my mom's record collection. I played the grooves out of that record. The key change at the end still knocks my socks off.

The Rockford files theme tune.

Oh yeah! Used to stay up late to watch that with my Dad when he wasn't away on a contract. Loved that sound. So evocative - even 40 years later!

Thanks!

… on the tape deck, in the parent's Ford Capri, it was ABBA, Glenn Campbell and Neil Diamond. I still love 75% of that stuff….

I notice that several of us has mentioned Glenn Campbell. I'm not surprised that other people than me liked him. I just thought I was kinda unique in being a fan at such a young age. :-k I mean, none of my other 1st Grade classmates even knew who Glen Campbell was.