Gibson Brands Forums

Belfast built guitar

blindboygrunt

I don't think it's ugly at all. It looks really good, love that bridge, the headstock ain't bad. And I always love that color scheme on acoustics.

It's a fan fret guitar, fan frets ensure better intonation, and once you get used to it can be quite comfortable to play.

A little pricey, but that's to be expected from an instrument like that made in some fancy sounding place like belfast

I don't think it's ugly at all. It looks really good, love that bridge, the headstock ain't bad. And I always love that color scheme on acoustics.

It's a fan fret guitar, fan frets ensure better intonation, and once you get used to it can be quite comfortable to play.

A little pricey, but that's to be expected from an instrument like that made in some fancy sounding place like belfast

Seems we've stopped blowing things up long enough to build something instead.

What's a fan fret?

Seems we've stopped blowing things up long enough to build something instead.

What's a fan fret?

Look at the spread of the frets in a fanned shape.

In all honesty, I think the fanned frets is a good idea it's more fluid to the angle you would typically be holding your hand/wrist at when playing low down at the end of the neck or up high near the other end of the fretboard. They just need to make it look good

It does seem that the Lowden tone kind of encapsulates guitars built in N.I. or the Republic. I made a trip to Newtownards in the days before George Lowden took his name back, and bought a nice O-35, which I then sold and lost a chunk of cash. It was great for fingerstyle, but I did mostly strummy stuff back then, and it was too loose for that.

I would rather doubt that guitar sounds much like a Gibson! It seems nice enough though, I'd happily play it.

It does seem that the Lowden tone kind of encapsulates guitars built in N.I. or the Republic. I made a trip to Newtownards in the days before George Lowden took his name back, and bought a nice O-35, which I then sold and lost a chunk of cash. It was great for fingerstyle, but I did mostly strummy stuff back then, and it was too loose for that.

I would rather doubt that guitar sounds much like a Gibson! It seems nice enough though, I'd happily play it.

Yip. Lowdens are amazing , but strum it hard and it sounds bleh

Archived