Gibson Brands Forums

Coffee appreciation thread

Rabs

So its about 22;20 here right now and I just had my first sip of coffee for the day as I just didn't get a chance to have one earlier.. and I just want to say publicly

COFFEE RULES!!!!!

:)

That first sip just sent a warm fuzzy feeling all over my body...

So whats your favourite brew at the moment?

for me my regular is Taylors Italian

rich_italian_ground_227g_zps581a8f3f.png

but when I want something REALLY nice, and when I can afford it as its literally twice the price of other brands its illy.. WOW that stuff is good

illy_ground_tin_zpsc48d6fe1.jpg

22:20 o'clock and still no coffee? This is really bad, couldn't stand it. [scared]

COFFEE RULES HERE, TOO! [biggrin][thumbup]

I don't want to frankly admit it but I use to drink an off-brand instant coffee from a discounter [blink] However, I always filter the boiler scale out of the hot water, so it tastes fine and won't neutralize my stomach acid which would really hurt me. B)

22:20 o'clock and still no coffee? This is really bad, couldn't stand it. [scared]

COFFEE RULES HERE, TOO! [biggrin][thumbup]

I don't want to frankly admit it but I use to drink an off-brand instant coffee from a discounter [blink] However, I always filter the boiler scale out of the hot water, so it tastes fine and won't neutralize my stomach acid which would really hurt me. B)

yeah its kind of unusual for me to do that,.. But man it makes that first cup all the better when you do have it :)

that's why I suddenly felt I had to say something, that's how nice it was.

yeah its kind of unusual for me to do that,.. But man it makes that first cup all the better when you do have it :)

that's why I suddenly felt I had to say something, that's how nice it was.

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Never developed a taste for the stuff. I DO drink diet coke like its water though.

I only did in my early 30s, hated it before that..

But I love a good cappuccino too, that's what got me into coffee :)

...two or three cups, no sugar, no cream, each morning, Monday through Friday at work. Saturday and Sunday morning at breakfast, I REALLY over-caffeinate. I rarely drink coffee in the afternoon or evening unless it's really cold out.

Coffee DOES rule.

I like regular ol' Folgers. For years I brewed it on the stove with a regular old aluminum coffee pot. Once in while I'd buy a Mr Coffee drip style but it would quit after a year and I'd go back to the old aluminum pot on the stove.

A few years ago I started using a 60s style electric percolator. Loved it. I still have one here somewhere.

However my wife wanted a Keurig so I bought one a year and a half ago. I haven't looked back. If I make coffee in a drip coffee maker now, it takes burnt after about 15 minutes.

Must've been 10 years ago, I was on my way to some training a couple hundred miles away. I stopped at a convenience store and decided to try expresso. I had never had it before. Apparently the girl behind the counter hadn't made it before. She walked back to the machine behind the counter and stared at it. Mounted on it were laminated flip cards with instructions. She put a cup underneath the spout and pressed a couple buttons. A little shot of black fluid shot into the cup. She looked puzzled. She hit the sequence of buttons again, and got another shot of black fluid. She kept hitting the sequence until the cup was full. She came back, rang it up, and apologized for taking so long. Neither of us knew she properly gave me a "shot" of expresso in the first place. So when she brought me my cup, there must have been about SIX shots in there... I put it in the cup holder in the car and forgot about it for about 50 miles. I finally tasted the expresso.... whew, pretty rough stuff! Better gulp this down and get it out of the way.

About 20 minutes later my teeth itched and I could hear colors.

yep, love my coffee. but my tastes are very simple. Maxwell House, Folgers ... the basics. couple sugars, and real cream ... don't care for any of the "designer" coffees, swiss mocha almond and the like. just plain ol' coffee. about 6 cups a day

for me my regular is Taylors Italian

rich_italian_ground_227g_zps581a8f3f.png

I tend to drink Taylors as well. I think the hot java lava is my favourite blend. I used to only drink from the wittards range, but Taylors blew them out of the water when taking into account price vs quality. Also Taylors can be found in most supermarkets these days so its more convenient than going into town just to go to wittards

I tend to drink Taylors as well. I think the hot java lava is my favourite blend. I used to only drink from the wittards range, but Taylors blew them out of the water when taking into account price vs quality. Also Taylors can be found in most supermarkets these days so its more convenient than going into town just to go to wittards

I will tell you whats also good.. M&S coffee. Their Italian brew is just as nice as the Taylors but £1 cheaper (shockingly :))

I will tell you whats also good.. M&S coffee. Their Italian brew is just as nice as the Taylors but £1 cheaper (shockingly :))

I'll take a look next time I pop in. I'm at the point at uni when you're trying to use everything up before moving back home.

Mmmmmm! Coffee. Now this is a "Lounge" thread I can get into...

I only began drinking coffee fairly recently—as in the past 5-6 years. I had a bad experience with it one night during college and just wrote it off as yet another thing that didn't agree with me. But, a friend offered me some before a late night drive home—and lo and behold, it didn't make me ill. I loved it, actually. Thus began my journey to all things coffee.

I soon learned that I preferred the dark roasts. medium and light roasts are too weak and taste odd to me. Primarily South American beans for me, thanks! Have tried African, Sumatran, Asian, etc. beans and did not like them.

I buy my coffee at Trader Joe's, mainly, and usually opt for whole bean and grind it myself. These are the varieties I buy nearly 100% of the time:

41C26ECyRZL._SY300_.jpg or 55790-five-country-espresso.jpg

When I buy ground coffee, I get this one:

2de7c068a32968b79b78f1ba32269e35.jpg

Always start the day with a cup. Here in Spain there is a big coffee culture so it's not uncommon to stop off at a café in the street to have quick cup with friends... Coffee is stronger and taken in smaller doses though. My first coffee of the day is American style, a big cup but if I have coffee later in the day it's about the size of a shot glass but good and strong...

every day I stumble to the kitchen at 4:pm (1600 hrs)and have my 1st 10 oz. tumbler of 8 O'clock French Roast, brewed till you can't see light thru it, and with just a touch of milk to cool it, and start dressing for work.

by the time I leave for work at 5:pm(1700) i've downed my 3rd 10 oz tumbler of it.

arriving at work at 5:30, I have a cpl 6 oz styrofoam cups of Maxwell House, then start my shift at 6 (1800).

a light breakfast at 8:pm, one cup of Maxwell House and back to work.

2 or 3 styro cups of Maxwell House at either 10:pm or Midnight, which ever my workload dictates.

Home at 3:am and a light dinner, followed by 3-4 10 oz. tumblers of French Roast 8 O'clock while I noodle on guitar and forumize a bit.

at 8:am I lay my head down and fall asleep instantly (which makes my wife insane) and sleep like a baby because i'm all but immune to caffeine.....my pediatrician put me on strong coffee, as much as I wanted, at age 5, to combat severe ADHD (this was before Ritalin was invented) and by age 8 was making my own coffee at my parents' house.

i'd say it'll kill me someday, but my Dr says my kidneys/liver/etc are in great shape.

i'd more likely die from withdrawl if I COULDN'T have coffee.

Another one for Taylor's Italian blend here (and yes, the M&S Italian is also good).

I have a Sainsbury Ethiopian blend to try soon which I am quite looking forward to.

Here are three (their standard blend) coffees I simply cannot stand: Costa, McDonalds and Starbucks. YUK!

Ya, but what is the coffee pot it is made in? I use a Bunn coffee maker.

Use to buy somewhat expensive coffee but now only cheap coffee, Classic Roast something or other.

Used to drink Kona coffee, or Folgers.

Ya, the coffee, but not so good in the summertime and I drink it room temperature but hot at first.

Ya!

After drinking Quikshops type coffee for years, it was just too much.

I don't mix it strong, instead about half of what a person should.

I like day-old grinds a little dried out also, because after awhile, the coffee builds up in the coffee maker filter holder.

Oh, well, that's about it for coffee.

Actually the cheap coffee you get use to, and it tastes okay also after awhile.

[blink]

Usually going out it coffee at the Village Inn

Oh, I like my coffee black with nothing in it.

Second oh! I drink 3/4 decaf coffee with 1/4 regular coffee or perhaps 1/3 and 2/3rd coffee.

Archived