Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Sheraton ll

vwelch01

Hi vwelch, welcome. The chunky bridge identifies it as of Korean origin, from the Samick factory. You can probably google or look up the epiphone wiki here to see when Samick made Sheratons, 90's mostly I think. Not sure about the paper sticker for the serial number- it should be an S serial number on the guitar itself. Is the rear of the headstock stamped 'used'? Can you post another pic showing more of the rear of the headstock?

Under that paper sticker is where the actual serial number used to be. It's probably been gouged out so as to be unreadable. As noted, there is also likely the word "used" stamped into the headstock.

This all means that accurate identification is pretty much impossible. However, you may be able to narrow it down to a span of a few years using the Epiphone wiki.

Hi vwelch, welcome. The chunky bridge identifies it as of Korean origin, from the Samick factory. You can probably google or look up the epiphone wiki here to see when Samick made Sheratons, 90's mostly I think. Not sure about the paper sticker for the serial number- it should be an S serial number on the guitar itself. Is the rear of the headstock stamped 'used'? Can you post another pic showing more of the rear of the headstock?

Thanks Vomer,

Yes I do beleive it is Korean made and the sticker is on the back of the neck. I have it pegged about 1990-1991. The O means it was made somewhere in Korea but that id is not certain. I am looking to have the tail stock and bridge as well as the PU covers replaced as they are tarnished and pitted. I do not want to spend loads of cash for repairs but I would like to know exactly what I have here as I bought this guitar used. Thanks again. V

Under that paper sticker is where the actual serial number used to be. It's probably been gouged out so as to be unreadable. As noted, there is also likely the word "used" stamped into the headstock.

This all means that accurate identification is pretty much impossible. However, you may be able to narrow it down to a span of a few years using the Epiphone wiki.

I have not seen used anywhere on the guitar. Thanks for the help. V

Well thsi is what came up on The Guitar Dater Project...

Show Serial Number Breakdown

O231930

O Factory Identifier

02 Year

31930 Production Number

That lets me know what I need to know to get this guitar worked on. Thank gang. V

The first digit in the serial is a zero, not an "O". So if the serial sticker is legit, you are have a 1990 model. I have several Epiphones with serial stickers. I'll have to check and see if any of them look like this one when I get home tonight. I'm pretty sure the font is similar to my 1991 and 1992 EBM basses. Though, I think they have the sticker border like in Midtowner's pic and I'm pretty sure they both have a letter digit at the beginning.

Archived