Gibson Brands Forums

My new J-45 TV

akacappy

ok this guitar is phenomenal! great tone and the neck just keeps me wanting to play and play...really, It feels like it might be a bit shorter in scale and has a great thickness. I love the burst as it has a more wood tone in the middle. also it's light as a feather.

Very nice looking adi top.

Great guitar. I wish Gibson would move that pickguard over a smidge.

So how does she handle and sound?

Congrats and enjoy. . B)

I know about the pick guard...guess I resigned myself to the F&ck$d up Gibson way of placement of them. Sound is what matters eh, I even thought of holding off for a 2014 as it appears they keep the pick guard as a side dish, but I had a bird in the hand...May have it pulled and re-mount down the road if it bugs me too much.

Yea, that 5 second odeur changing from case to case, brand to brand is really something.

Like aftershave or strange gin Martins are much more masculine, but I have learnt to appreciate the vanilla-winds from the Bozeman-bakery.

Still sniffin' box-breeze can't beat the eyesight of these beauties - that's why they hang around here and there in furniture and stands.

Some remain in cases though, , , for more reasons than 2. .

Regarding p-guards and the soundhole-ring-thing, it never was an issue here.

Guess the many years with the D-35 made me immune (most Marts have one third covered)

Not to mention the Gibson squares. .

Enjoy your 45, , , well, you obviously already do

Archived