Gibson Brands Forums

Question on 2007 Epi Les Paul Standard

Cubs Fan Bob

Hi there!

I just acquired a used Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top. The serial number is EE070603205, which indicates that it was made at the China Qingdao Plant in June 2007.

My guitar does not have push-pull coil switching, while the current model of the Epiphone Les Paul Standard *does* have push-pull coil switching.

I've checked the "is this a fake" sites and from all indications my guitar is not a counterfeit. Is not having the push-pull coil switching normal for this age and model guitar that I have? If so, when was the push-pull coil switching feature added to the Epi Les Paul Standard?

Thanks,

Bob in St. Paul

You possibly have a "plus top", not a 'plus top pro" (which has the push/pull pots).

Yup,

Bob,

Welcome to the forum!!!!

I have a '05 Plus Top. Until about 2 years ago the LP Plus Tops had 2 lead + ground pickups. Alnico Classic Humbuckers (A '57 classic in the neck and a '57 hot CH in the bridge.)

The current Plus Top Pro comes with Probucker 2 and 3 that have 4 leads + ground.

How about some pics?

Willy

Willy,

I found it on craigslist - seller lived about a mile from my place. Except for a few very minor belt buckle marks on the back it's in immaculate shape. Action and sound are both great, harmonics at the 12th fret are spot on. Going to throw a new set of Ernie Balls on it this weekend.

Got it for $225 - I think that's an OK deal, very happy with my find.

Bob

Archived