Gibson Brands Forums

Binding to sound?

LarryUK

I can hear what temperature the glue was.

rct

Lets not forget that vintage glue had real horse power to super charge the sound! Not this synthetic stuff we have today. Plus the horses ( old grey mare) just ain't what she used to be. Horse hoof glue made for better tone, since it was more like bone material. [cool]

JB and his big head

hahaha!!!!

I recall a few years ago (maybe 10) Mr. Eric Johnson was quoted that he can hear a difference in tone, if he changes the brand of batteries he used in his stomp boxes..............

Sure kid, sure ya can... ....sigh... <_<

over the years ive found that the shoes i where have a great impact on my overall sound. Ive narrowed them down to Black Chuck Taylors. They seem to have a positive effect. Bare foot is good too, gives a better feel on the Wah pedal.

JB and his big head

hahaha!!!!

I recall a few years ago (maybe 10) Mr. Eric Johnson was quoted that he can hear a difference in tone, if he changes the brand of batteries he used in his stomp boxes..............

Sure kid, sure ya can... ....sigh... <_<

That's not funny. Several years ago, after a battery change the display of my radio-controlled alarm clock kept on blinking no matter what I did. I opened it up, cleaned the contacts of battery compartment and buttons, but the problem persisted. So I put in a new battery which accidentally was another brand - and that thing worked! There was a solid display again! I tried several fresh batteries of several brands, and all brands worked nicely except for one. The voltage of all of them was within rather narrow limits. Couldn't find any reason for the misbehaviour, it just was that way.

Batteries for car remote keys are critical, too. Some don't have insufficient peak current performance and therefore just don't work even if brand-new.

over the years ive found that the shoes i where have a great impact on my overall sound. Ive narrowed them down to Black Chuck Taylors. They seem to have a positive effect. Bare foot is good too, gives a better feel on the Wah pedal.

The stripped EVH runners have some serious tone, was/ is the secret for his famous brown sound! I also suggest wearing a hat or do-rag to avoid losing any tone from your head, it was a trade secret of SRV. ;)

Archived