Gibson Brands Forums

Issue with the Min-Etune on my 2014 SG Std

awel

Here it is,

first issue with the min-etune, the E is always sharp, so I have to set it manually low it down a bit, it is very annoying!

I have try to calibrate it, but if I calibrate the E then the E is in perfect pitch but it is all the other strings that are too low.

Any idea of how to solve my problem?

Ok I can for sure by a set of std tuners but my problem is even if they say it is easy to remove the min-etune and put std ones instead but my fear is that means I have to drill holes in the head to fix the new ones, and I don't want or I have to pay someone to do it :(

Why Gibson has decided to go for the min-etune on all the std???

Why Gibson has decided to go for the min-etune on all the std???

Because Min-Etune didn't go over as well as they'd hoped and they're trying to either force people to like it, or trying to get rid of excess stock. My guess at least.

-Ryan

i'm such a luddite that even after using a tuner I almost always have to adjust the low-E, and the B, sometimes the G, to make the guitar right.

i'm afraid min-e-tune would drive me min-in-sane !!

i'm afraid of tech. in general as "change" has seldom if ever been for the good for me personally.

I have a 2008 Robot and that problem crops up sometimes after a restring, although it's a different string for me. I just get the tuning set the way I want it and save it. Then I use that saved tuning until the string starts behaving.

I have a 2008 Robot and that problem crops up sometimes after a restring, although it's a different string for me. I just get the tuning set the way I want it and save it. Then I use that saved tuning until the string starts behaving.

That's perhaps a solution tune it correctly and then save it as 'personal tuning'

But still I am pissed with that, you I am even thinking to send it back to the shop to get my money back. [thumbdn]

does someone know if I can replace it with std machine head (Gibson PMMH-010) or should I use Groover one? I mean because the size of the holes, I don't know if the holes there for the min-Etune fit Groover modern machine head or Gibson Kluson

Picky picky picky… So hi E is a bit out, just have everyone else tune to you…. [flapper] My original robot is always spot on, never had a problem with the system. Why don't you take it back to the dealer and have them look at it and fix the problem or replace the guitar….

Picky picky picky… So hi E is a bit out, just have everyone else tune to you…. [flapper]

Don't laugh please [crying]

This thing is driving me crazy! I am a bit obsessed by the tuning ](*,)

That!!!

Simply because I have ordered it from an online shop in a foreign country (Germany and I live in Belgium) and so that means sending back the guitar to them package it back, so risk to be damaged or lost or whatever. Simple as that :)

Simply because I have ordered it from an online shop in a foreign country (Germany and I live in Belgium) and so that means sending back the guitar to them package it back, so risk to be damaged or lost or whatever. Simple as that :)

Is there a Gibson dealer closer to you? I would think any licensed Gibson shop would be able to look at it under warranty...

That would be the way to go in my opinion. I'm sure it's a calibration issue that they can possibly correct without having to modify a brand new guitar...

If that's not an option I would contact the selling dealer and I would expect they should send you a call-tag to ship it back to them at their expense to repair or replace under warranty.

That's the smartest option and the responsible thing to do. I would never modify a brand new guitar for such a warranty issue.

Min-E-tune = more to go wrong.

Sorry, but I'm just biased as hell.

I use a strobe tuner and unless the device got it right every time one of those things stuck on my headstock would drive me to despair.

Update:

I have sent an email to the Gibson Customer Service and this is their reply:

Dear Mister Wellens,

Thank you for your interest in Gibson.

The min etune system is a self-learning system; the more you use it the more it will fine tune better, automatically. You need it many times before it reaches its optimum results.

You can however try to do a reset- if that possible already helps (see attached), but can you please tell me how many times did you use the mine etune system so far ?

Kind regards,

From people that has one do you believe in the self-learning part? Never heard about the fact that the min-Etune is a 'smart' module

Eevrybody does something dumb once in a while. For Gibson, that just happened. Like, as if people need to have an automatic tuner on their guitar!! Convenient, yes. As accurate as doing it yourself, no. Does it prestretch the strings? No. Does it do as good a job as me? Pfft!

Gibson makes irrational decisions. They do stuff that your kids would laugh at. They are the best at making traditional instruments in the traditional manner. But when they stray from that formula they flounder some. Remember the X-Ray or whatever the heck it was? Me neither. That's where Henry smashed a Les Paul and announced that they were all high tech now with dice hanging off the guitars and everything like that.

Henry needs to stay at the Club and let the Les Pauls sell themselves. Sheesh. [unsure]

Archived