Gibson Brands Forums

Recording software..is there any that is user friendly??

bigtim

I know some of you record on a computer. Is there an easy to use studio software that does not take hours and hours of studying a users manual in order to figure out moving tracks and editing other stuff?? Just checking and thanks in advanced. Tim

I know some of you record on a computer. Is there an easy to use studio software that does not take hours and hours of studying a users manual in order to figure out moving tracks and editing other stuff?? Just checking and thanks in advanced. Tim

Reaper by Cockos, I use that on Windows and on Mac, cheap and easy to use.

If you have an IPad there is Cubasis very cheap compare to Cubase!!! I use it with IRig. Easy and portable

Agree Apple is intuitive and easy to learn. I have logic pro. It's $200 for a tricked out professional DAW. Groove3 has video tutorials by Eli Katzenberg that are so easy and just fun. I'm recording full songs now. A lot of fun.

Roxio Music-Lab 9 is a very complete (incl. full editing, 120 track mixing, drum simulators, amp and effect simulators, etc.) recording package for 77 hrs of finished music mixed tracks.....

BUT I discovered after purchasing (on clearance for $70) that it pretty much requires a dedicated computer/memory driver, as it immediately decimated our home PC.

Audacity is free and just about the simplest way to record in a computer, there is essentially no learning curve.

Keep and eye on free recording classes at Guitar Center, I have been to a couple of GarageBand lessons and they help.

I'm with Anne and Riffster on Audacity...

Now I've gotta check how to get it going with Win 8.1, but I don't see a major problem.

The thing with software is that sometimes stuff that's absolutely intuitive for one person is an incomprehensible maze for another.

There are batches of psychological and background "educational" issues involved, but the bottom line is that I don't think much of any software is intuitive to some folks.

m

Archived