Gibson Brands Forums

Food.

LarryUK

What are your favourite snacks? Here in the UK. We have 'crisps'. Which you call 'chips'.Then we have 'pork pie' 'Sausage rolls' and 'pasties'. I see things like 'Corn dogs' but have never seen one in person. What are they and do you have what I've said above?

What are your favourite snacks? Here in the UK. We have 'crisps'. Which you call 'chips'.Then we have 'pork pie' 'Sausage rolls' and 'pasties'. I see things like 'Corn dogs' but have never seen one in person. What are they and do you have what I've said above?

Yes, we have chips. I'm not quite sure about the U.S. equivalent of pork pie or sausage rolls. To answer your question, a corn dog is a hot dog that is put on a stick, battered in corn meal and fried.

My favorite snacks are tortilla chips, soft pretzels and chocolate (I *AM* a girl, so chocolate just goes along with the territory! :D. )

Hello!

For food, my favorite is the wienerschnitzel with ham, mushrooms and cheese, all breaded together. With fried potatoes. This dish is called here the "Magyaróvári szelet".

For snack: olives with coke. :D

...and now: off for a lunch.

Cheers... Bence

Ha Ha ... this 'll get ya: in Canada we have 'ketchup' flavor Lay's potato chips ... only in Canada can you find ketchup chips (of course we've had them for ages and always take them for granted).

What the British call "chips," we call french fries, or more simply, "fries."

No no.. French fries are different, they are skinny... Chips, proper chips are fat :)

Now these are Chips (from our national dish, fish and chips :))

Chips-001_zps2a51b9a9.jpg

- I have never met a chip(crisp) I didn't like.

Although as a kid I recall a brief stint of fruit flavors that were hideous and flopped.

- Anything with pork fat

- Melted cheese makes me salivate.

I love all the bad stuff.

Interesting topic, because "what are snacks?". If in the morning, maybe it's a Danish with coffee, in the afternoon, maybe some (tortilla) chips and salsa (not to be confused with fries, papas fritas, et al), in the evening, maybe ice cream. Corn dogs? Nah, nowhere, nohow.

Like other things, circumstance, time of day, personal cravings, et al will rule. All that said, I have one of those metabolisms where it appears I can eat anything and not gain weight (it's not all it's cracked upt to be folks).

All that said, I have one of those metabolisms where it appears I can eat anything and not gain weight (it's not all it's cracked upt to be folks).

The only benefit I've found from having a slight beer belly is that I can see the strings of my guitar when standing up

... 'Sausage rolls' and 'pasties'.

Here in the US pasties are the things strippers wear on their nipples. [biggrin]

We have a problem with things called sausage rolls too... while they are probably delicious, we have a permanent Freudian thing with the word sausage. :rolleyes:

No no.. French fries are different, they are skinny... Chips, proper chips are fat :)

Now these are Chips (from our national dish, fish and chips :))

Chips-001_zps2a51b9a9.jpg

We call those Steak Cut Fries. I would love to try Poutine, I want to wait and have them in Canada. If I happened upon them in the states I'm sure it woule be some bastardized version, like we do with every cuisine that enters our country.

Dude!!!

Don't do that,, I almost sprayed scalding hot tea out my nose....

[lol]

I hate to say it, Quap, but he said what I was thinking! That was the first thing I thought when I saw "pasties". [blush].

Sheesh, I need more female friends.

potato chips, or fries, dashed w/either McIlhenny Co.(Tobasco brand) Jalapeno' green sauce, or Louisiana Crystal hot sauce.

Any potato product with Heinz "Hot & Spicy" ketchup.

and an Alabama origional.....Sweet potato fries, drizzled with caramel sauce !!

Here in the US pasties are the things strippers wear on their nipples. [biggrin]

We have a problem with things called sausage rolls too... while they are probably delicious, we have a permanent Freudian thing with the word sausage. :rolleyes:

English women wear them on their nipples too msp_tongue.gif

244xg86.jpg

On the topic of fries/chips, Canada's delicious gift to chip/fry lovers everywhere: Poutine.

6jAwjhU.png

-Ryan

I live in the province of Quebec. A good poutine is awesome. Has to be cheese curds though. No shredded stuff.

My favourite snacks are just about anything salty and when in the sweet mood, my wife's chocolate chip cookies. Never had better. Sorry mom.

Archived