Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MR.EVERYTHING

ANALYZING MYSTERY

Hello to all the DJ's!

I have almost 900 songs on my brand new flash drive. 16Gig. Normally I add new songs and allow the new songs to be "Analized" on the SCS itself, NO PROBLEM!

Just takes a few minutes to finish "Analizing".

So I discovered a free program by NCH for changing the tags (names of songs, albums, etc), worked fine. Adding several songs at a time!

So...one morning I got in a zone (lol) and tagged and placed an approxiate 25-50 songs on my flash drive

My issue now....

Now the "Analysis" icon on the SCS monitor/screen is ON with the "n/a" in the "BPM" section for probaly a day or day and a half! When I inially "Analized" my catalog of songs (700 songs), it took about 2 days, but that was 700 songs,

Why is it taking so long for "Analyzing" only 25-50 songs? Is something wrong? What are some fixes? Im ready to continue learning how to DJ!!

Please HELP!!

do you have read the "troubleshooting"-forum?

sounds like the same problem with the tagging as other programs did do.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/91889-do-not-use-mp3tag/

specially if you use the editor "mp3tag" you should only use till version v2.50 and not newer

in the article you can also read about some other alternated programs tag-runner etc.

specially if you use the editor "mp3tag" you should only use till version v2.50 and not newer

in the article you can also read about some other alternated programs tag-runner etc.

Is this still the case with MP3TAG? I've cleaned, sorted, changed well over 20.000 songs with it, analysis with the Quickgrid for PC works fine, and I havn't had ANY issues playing the files (with sets over several hours)... I must say I strip just about everything except title, artist, genre, album, year and comment (which is filled by Mixed in Key). Just wondering...

Ontopic: I must say I never analyse on the unit - running it on the PC/MAC is much much faster and I've learned to just integrate in into my workflow. Perhaps you changed the ID3 tag a little which changes the MD5SUM of the MP3, not only for those 50-70 songs, but all of them (perhaps compare the modified date?). With what filesystem is that flash drive formatted?

Thanks DJ Nuno...I've figured it out...I was a complete...total...rookie...so that probaly was the main reason for my problem! lol

Thanks Gibson Tech...I've figured it out...I was a complete...total...rookie...so that probaly was the main reason for my problem! lol

Hello,

Have you used Quickgrid? with the new firmware?

Try that first and let us know if those NCH files are acting up

Thanks!

analyzing track is absolute murder on the scs.4dj. at one point i waited weeks for it to finish scanning. weeks!!!! i have an 80GB stuffed in there, but it shouldn't take that long. i eventually fixed it by formatting the drive, putting my music back on there, scanning it with quickgrid(wudda joke), putting it back in, and letting it scan all over a again. even when things go right scanning bugs can happen and make the system take days to scan a small collection. even when you run quickgrid which is supposed to do all the work before hand, it will still take a long time scanning your library. virtual dj does it in a snap, and the database is usually only about 10MB's on a massive library, but on this thing it's time consuming and space wasting. the scs.4dj database can take gigs of harddrive. i have no idea what they did or why it sucks so bad, but i'm guessing maybe they're creating peak files for each track to try and load the track faster, but it's not helping much.

if you get trapped waiting days on a library that's only a few gigs, maybe you should pre condition the library using the quickgrid software, then put it back on the scs.4dj, and let it run it's course overnight. this thing is a get up and go out of the box kind of deal it takes a while to get it ready for a show, and so far, i don't know anyone who uses it live. they advertised it as a professional DJ all in one solution, but it's anything but that.