Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton II bad finish?

guitarist1977

Hey fellow Epi owners.

While inspecting my Sheraton II MIC I noticed probably bad finish on my guitar. You can see it circled on a first photo and close up of it on the second.

Interesting, but I was at another guitar store and noticed they have the same model of Sheraton II, I checked it and it had the same finish issue as mine.

My question is it really problem with the finish and it make sense to exchange my guitar?

Photo1_zpse368d291.png

Photo2_zps905daeba.jpg

Thanks,

Alex.

Does it play well? If it plays really good then just keep it. I'd hate to trade in a really good player for a mediocre one with a better finish but that's just me. OTOH if you haven't put a lot of work and time into it (fret dressing, nut, bridge etc) and it doesn't exactly light your fire then go for it.

Like previous poster said, it depends if the guitar plays well and you bond with it or not; of course as consumers we have the right to expect perfection.

My own MIK Sheraton has 2 or 3 minor imperfections under the poly but that has never bothered me more than the quality of lutherie and playability of the guitar which is top notch.

Archived