Gibson Brands Forums

Okay What Band is This?

RevDavidLee

This is driving me crazy.....

Looks like the guy on the upper-right's signature is "Pete ____???"..... the blonde be-spectacled dude's name is "Brian"....

Not much to go on!

Yes this is maddening...

I've now spent hours and hours going thru old 70's band pics from America, England, and Europe and I can't peg 'em for sure...

I thought I had 'em dead to rights with the Ram Jam, but after looking thru literally hundreds and hundreds possibly into the thousands of pics now, I'm just not sure...

I do however think that it is not Bread...

I've found no other pictures of Ram Jam even a little similar... I just don't know and I think I've now given up the fight...

I am beginning to think this may be some "local" band (local to the area the OP lives in) that never really made it anywhere..... leaving us all on a futile search.

[confused]

Well if that's the case it certainly was not my intent. We really don't know who the heck they are and that's the only reason I posted it here. I figured someone out there would take one look and go - oh yeah, that's so and so from such and such. I called the music store owner and asked him what the signatures were - he said "Ritchie, Alan, Brian & Wayne". I even google'd those names to try to find out who it might be and no luck there either. May just have to let this one go cuz we may never know who the heck these guys were. Apparently the guy that found the poster at home in a closet brought it to my friend's store to see if it was rare or worth anything. My friend John is like a band encyclopedia - especially from the 70's bands, and he had no idea either. These guys could be from anywhere and just never made it big. (Like lots of bands). Thanks everyone for looking. I really appreciate it. Guess this is one we won't ever solve unless one of the guys in that poster dials into the forum and says "yeah, that's me". [crying]

Well if that's the case it certainly was not my intent. We really don't know who the heck they are and that's the only reason I posted it here. I figured someone out there would take one look and go - oh yeah, that's so and so from such and such. I called the music store owner and asked him what the signatures were - he said "Ritchie, Alan, Brian & Wayne". I even google'd those names to try to find out who it might be and no luck there either. May just have to let this one go cuz we may never know who the heck these guys were. Apparently the guy that found the poster at home in a closet brought it to my friend's store to see if it was rare or worth anything. My friend John is like a band encyclopedia - especially from the 70's bands, and he had no idea either. These guys could be from anywhere and just never made it big. (Like lots of bands). Thanks everyone for looking. I really appreciate it. Guess this is one we won't ever solve unless one of the guys in that poster dials into the forum and says "yeah, that's me". [crying]

Oh, I totally get that! Wasn't implying you were intentionally stumping us all. LOL!

But, considering nobody has a clue—including your encyclopedic friend—they may just be some dudes who had band posters printed up... [biggrin]

That leaves Ram Jam off the table for sure, the main guitarist; "cool" aviator glasses-guy in Ram Jam is Bill Bartlett I believe and none of those names were him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS9X3b-KSkc

They were a NY City/New Jersey American band...

Those guys could be Dutch or German or anything European too...

I've spent too many hours chasing this one now... Don't wanna pursue it any further...

But boy they sure do look on the familiar side...

Archived