Gibson Brands Forums

Classical Guitar Photos

BluesKing777

In about 1978, my sister went to some guitar lessons at her school and lasted until they said she needed to trim her fingernails and the classical guitar she somehow got my old man to BUY was hastily given to me.

Being into Fender and Gibson and loud amps at the time, the poor guitar went into its cardboard box that it came in and in a cupboard. I dragged it out a couple of times but really had no idea what to play on it, so....

Next time, the bridge flew off and I kept re-gluing it with possibly Tarzan's Grip!

About 10 years ago I did a touch of classical, so out it came and after a few weeks of play, the bridge went zing, that way and another piece went that way, so back in its box again.

Last year I dragged it out, took it to my local guitar tech and he turned it into a beauty to play!

Classic-01e_zpsfc842e97.jpg

Classic-01f_zps7ff694d7.jpg

Classic-01b_zps90ee7cff.jpg

I really dig the alligator cases and am lucky enough to have one here - came around the avatar 1963 SJ.

Problem is that it's too soft for anything and too cool to put in the attic.

If brought out in the real world it would be too weak to protect the vintage guitar, especially if you kinda 'forgot' it is only the cartboard thing.

So a slightly absurd item in this temple, but definitely an item.

BK777 - That obelisk behind barbed wire is a harsh motif for these eyes. . .

I have a lovely Prisloe classical--cedar top, rosewood B&S, ebony board & bridge, etc. I don't play anything classical: I bought it a few years ago to play Jobim and other bossa nova stuff which sounded strange on a steel-string guitar.

This is the only classical style guitar I have ever had any time with, but I have an almost 40 year old new guitar! It has a nice tone, but I did see these guitarist twin brothers playing top of the line guitars once and that was just magic! So I am realistic.

I would like to be able to say my sister gave me her Ramirez or so, but that is not my family! It is a Takamine D50 made especially for sale to schools......

I don't know how to record it - probably needs some stereo condenser mic action to capture the range of tone.

And Em7, I don't know what the obelisk is about - it is now surrounded by vineyards, but wasn't until recently. But it had to be photographed, to the surprise of some other drivers around me when I went left.......

I was coming home from here:

Screen01f_zpsa3c13d53.jpg

The vineyard around it:

Screen01e_zps0d996bd5.jpg

BluesKing777.

I just seem to love all acoustic guitars and I may have some problems......

And Em7, I don't know what the obelisk is about - it is now surrounded by vineyards, but wasn't until recently. But it had to be photographed, to the surprise of some other drivers around me when I went left.......

I was coming home from here:

The obelisk is ok with me - and I can handle the b-wire. But the combination is problematic ,-)

That bay scenery isn't - is it you and the hounddog comin' in from sea. . .

Archived