Gibson Brands Forums

The Who to Launch World Tour This Year

Rabs

How much do you reckon for tickets? £85? £120?

The Who will kick off a tour in December, beginning with U.K. dates and continuing with shows in North America in 2015. As reported by Billboard.com, the band will hit the road sometime around Christmas. “It will be a world tour,” reveals Pete Townshend. “I’m not crazy about going on the road, but I’m in good shape and once I start doing it--and I’m still very good at it—I’ll take some pleasure from it.”

The veteran guitarist added that a new album by The Who is a distinct possibility. “I'm trying to [look] through my 20,000 hours of complete and utter disorganized music [to find possible songs],” he said. “I’ll be pulling some songs out of [his long-gestating project] ‘Floss’ to give to Roger [Daltrey] to see if we've got enough to make an album. It might be a big waste of time, but I'm hoping there will be an album.” This year marks the 50th anniversary of the band performing under the Who moniker. Townshend, Daltrey and bassist John Entwistle started performing together as The Detours in 1961. Late drummer Keith Moon joined the band in the spring of 1964.

:P

If they come to the LA forum, and they almost certainly will, I'll be there.

I saw them in 89 in Houston. It was fabulous. I won the 5th row center seats by calling in the answer to a radio contest question. Couldn't believe it.

Archived