Gibson Brands Forums

1964 Fender Jaguar

DanvillRob

Okay..... here is a pencil drawing of my 1964 Fender Jaguar. My brother drew it for our dad back in 1976.

My nephew has the original, and I asked him to scan it for me. So I haven't seen it in many years, (our dad died in 1998).

It was a odd color, (I got it used):

Jaguar-small_zps7925253d.jpg

Here's an actual color photo of the guitar, this would have been in 1965, I think: (another photo that recently came to light!)

Tarantels-1_zps47234fa0.jpg

The ONLY other Jaguar I've ever seen this color.... oddly was owned by the Lead Guitarist of Peter Wheat & The Breadmen, Here's Barry with his orange Jag,

(by this time I was playing bass):

1913Breadtruck_zps5d97c100.jpg

Sadly, when I got out of music, I gave the Jag to my brother. I recently asked him if he'd sell it back to me....he told me he sold it years ago..... too bad....

Wow! That's a real pre-CBS Jaguar in a custom color (Fiesta Red?). That is a very fine Jaguar indeed. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not sure it's red.... was pretty much orange.... like I said, I never say another one that color except the Barry's when he joined our band.

Bill, you sound like The Ventures!

Walk Don't Run was my favorite for years.I did about 7 of their earlier songs then didn't really care for their later songs.Apache,is my favorite now.I really liked and still do that Jazzmaster sound and their tremolo.Flat wound Gretsch strings.That color of it originally was more orange than red.

I'm not sure it's red.... was pretty much orange.... like I said, I never say another one that color except the Barry's when he joined our band.

Some great pics and stories from your archives Rob.... [thumbup] One of my books shows another variation of Fiesta Red called Coral Pink.....it shows more orange than pink to my eyes [blink]

It is so cool that pictures are still surfacing after all of these years. I particularly like your brothers artwork. It reminds me of some pencil sketches that my best friend had done in college in the 70's. He passed away in 1998 and his wife gave some of them to me. I cherish them greatly!

Some great pics and stories from your archives Rob.... [thumbup] One of my books shows another variation of Fiesta Red called Coral Pink.....it shows more orange than pink to my eyes [blink]

It is so cool that pictures are still surfacing after all of these years. I particularly like your brothers artwork. It reminds me of some pencil sketches that my best friend had done in college in the 70's. He passed away in 1998 and his wife gave some of them to me. I cherish them greatly!

Rod, it was kind of "pinkish-orange"... I used to call it persimmon...but it had a touch of pink in it....so maybe Coral Pink was the correct color.

I KNOW there are more pics out there.... just waiting for people to stumble on 'em!

In the photo of The Tarantels in someone's back yard, the Jazz Bass, David is playing was probably the Fiesta Red.

My cousin had a Candy Apple Red Strat.....but it was a few years newer.

Old drawings coming back to life - always a treat. Same with with those golden boots - whenever I see them I know who I am.

Used to wear them in silver, , , , eeeeeh maybe gray suede, , , and brown, , , , and black, , , , still got a black pair man. . . . !

Old drawings coming back to life - always a treat. Same with with those golden boots - whenever I see them I know who I am.

Used to wear them in silver, , , , eeeeeh maybe gray suede, , , and brown, , , , and black, , , , still got a black pair man. . . . !

I have no idea what happened to any of those clothes or shoes....but not too long after that photo was taken, I was drafted....so everything I owned had to fit in a duffel bag!

I have no idea what happened to any of those clothes or shoes....but not too long after that photo was taken, I was drafted....so everything I owned had to fit in a duffel bag!

Yeah, and them little booties wouldn't have been very good in the rice paddies of southeast Asia..........

Thanks for your service, Rob. Thanks to GOD you did not come home in a 'body bag' as so many young men did at this time....... (if they came home). A true travesty of a 'war' and men....

Thanks for your service, Rob. Thanks to GOD you did not come home in a 'body bag' as so many young men did at this time....... (if they came home). A true travesty of a 'war' and men....

Aw shucks, Rod....tweren't nothin'.

Archived