Gibson Brands Forums

Wow...I knew "they" can track us but....wow

saturn

Be careful of what you say. There is a new law on the rise for those who do not comply with what is going on................See what sucks about all of this is.......These demons the sheeple vote in office, make positions to get their other demonic buddies up in the neighborhood. Then those guys we never heard of make new laws and no one votes on or even gets to hear about. Kind of like taxation without representation. Now also the fake news media keeps on forcing stupid ideas down their throat like football is important and who Justin Bieber is dating or split up with, to keep the sheeple from knowing what is really happening. With all of that said, 9-11 was a spoof to get "1984" into action and there went your pesonal freedom right down the drain. So here we are..................All monitored and frisked regularly without even knowing it. Yeah and guess what............they have been listening to land lines way before cell phones ever came into existance. Even those kick *** big screen televisions you been watching for the past several years in your own home can tell how many people are watching t.v. and what they are doing sitting there on the couch. Also about 5 years ago, they made everyone who was not on cable or satellite to go and get a free converter box for the new system they were switching to for the free local networks. Gee Walley............... I wonder why they did that???? So they can monitor you and your family at home!! And your *****ing about a kroger coupon??? Cheers, Tim

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we should start a "Best Foil For The Helmet" build thread, ehy?

Tin_foil_hat_2-300x225.jpg

rct

Actually tinfoil hats boost your brain waves makeing it even easyer for the governmant to read your mind!! [scared][scared]

Yep, we've jumped the shark here. [biggrin]

No cell phone...no worries (I don't think). My wife is retired Pac Bell, and she is convinced that the days of "land line" phones are numbered. Most of our friends no longer have a "hard wired" phone in their homes anymore.

I do get the banner ads after I've visited a site as does the wife. However its not a big deal to me. I started it by going there in the first place, and I don't have to buy what they are selling. :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, it would be fun to turn this into a "political" argument, rant or whatever, but I'm far more cynical than that.

It's what we think we want and how things are going, at least largely because of our huge population demanding "current" stuff - and I don't mean in the U.S., but also every corner of the earth where folks figure they're even a little bit of "a developed nation."

The "Cloud" is a major part of it.

The personal identifications of everything we do "in public," which means everything from phone use or computer use or having a drivers license - or even buying batteries at an electronics store.

We've already mostly given away our ownership of those photos in another thread. In fact, it won't be long before "we" discover we're simply renting "storage" of almost everything we own and somebody else, including in part, the very software that get us to "the cloud" where ownership (copyright, etc.) becomes as nebulous as any sort of "cloud" real or in digital metaphor.

Bottom line is that, whether we like it or not, we've actually been accelerating our fall into Orwell's "1984" due to population, government regulation and now it's been aided by technology "we" believe that we want.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that we are followed from birth to death by "them," and "we" demanded it ourselves through our own choices.

In the U.S. some political factions are howling that you have to prove who you are in order to vote - and yet that howler him or herself likely is in dozens, if not hundreds, of corporate and governmental databases. It's ludicrous, but we now are increasingly in the potential of what Orwell saw as a probability - just a few years after he saw technology already having the potential. Microtechnology made it happen far easier than he could have imagined.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that "we" are where we've put ourselves and, even if we figure some way as an individual to live in a mid 19th century lifestyle, "we" still are being tracked more than we might ever imagine. Why, for example, do you think "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" headed to Bolivia from North American a bit over a century ago? They couldn't outrun the telegraph and rapidly mailed photographs.

Personally, I love Youtube and its opportunities to learn more about guitar technique that were unimagined when I started playing more than 50 years ago. But I also know that I'm being tracked when I do so...

m

Where do people get this stuff? Your mic is not listening, the targeted ads have simply picked up your location.

My neighborhood is a mix of Anglos & Armenians. If I'm playing a game on the phone while waiting in line at the grocery store or coffee shop where English is spoken, the ads are in English. If I go to the bank on that same block where English is spoken, the ads are in English.

But if I go 1.5 blocks (same neighborhood) to a different bank where most people are speaking Armenian or Russian, the ads are in Armenian or Russian. The moment I step outside the bank and people are speaking English, the ads are back to English.

Guest Farnsbarns

My neighborhood is a mix of Anglos & Armenians. If I'm playing a game on the phone while waiting in line at the grocery store or coffee shop where English is spoken, the ads are in English. If I go to the bank on that same block where English is spoken, the ads are in English.

But if I go 1.5 blocks (same neighborhood) to a different bank where most people are speaking Armenian or Russian, the ads are in Armenian or Russian. The moment I step outside the bank and people are speaking English, the ads are back to English.

Why would anyone spend what would be billions on technology to listen to background noise, work out what language was being spoken from a mish mash of many conversations and them present ads in another language to a phone user who's first language they have known since the moment you selected it as the language for the OS when you first switched it on. I'm sorry, it isn't happening, you're paranoid, there is another explanation for what ever it is that happens.

Why would anyone spend what would be billions on technology to listen to background noise, work out what language was being spoken from a mish mash of many conversations and them present ads in another language to a phone user who's first language they have known since the moment you selected it as the language for the OS when you first switched it on. I'm sorry, it isn't happening, you're paranoid, there is another explanation for what ever it is that happens.

What are the nature of these ads ? Are you just walking along and your phone starts playing ads?

I miss out on all the fun stuff..

I think he meant that adverstising is so fine-tuned that it is known which bank is used by Americans and which bank has a large concentration of foreign customers.

I speak English and Spanish, while my phone is set to English I get ads in Spanish sometimes most likely because of the re4staurants I visit.

It's all algorithms. Maybe you forget that each smart phone contains far more computing power than NASA used to put men on the Moon.

Basic critical thinking isn't paranoia. Perhaps you trust too much. Consider this in light of the fact that the CIA controls the evening news:

tumblr_m3a0n1rhFh1r7x8yvo1_500.jpg

And don't take my word for it about the CIA controlling news reporting (imagine how far disinfo campaigns have come in 40 years):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ED63A_hcd0

So the evil masterminds listen to everything we say, record every where we go, track all out purchases and control all media but they can't build an insurance website?

This is great :)

I don't think you're foolish enough to think that the vast US Govt isn't highly, highly compartmentalized. They don't send healthcare.gov web admins on commando raids, either. You didn't mail your taxes to the USS Nimitz via DHS at the airport, for example, because you know that each of those govt agencies is in the dark about the innerworkings of the IRS.

Guest Farnsbarns

It's all algorithms. Maybe you forget that each smart phone contains far more computing power than NASA used to put men on the Moon.

Basic critical thinking isn't paranoia. Perhaps you trust too much. Consider this in light of the fact that the CIA controls the evening news:

tumblr_m3a0n1rhFh1r7x8yvo1_500.jpg

And don't take my word for it about the CIA controlling news reporting (imagine how far disinfo campaigns have come in 40 years):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ED63A_hcd0

It's all algorythms is it? That really makes for a good explanation of the gap in the logic. And no smart phone has the computing power NASA used to.put a man on the moon, that's nonsense banded about by fools. It took many millions of hours of use of the human brain, sorry, but you're not carrying one of of those around. Not in your pocket, that we can be sure of. The processing power required to make a space craft work is minimal, the anecdote, therefore, is stupid and holds no meaning. I have no idea how the CIA controlling news holds up your position that a smart phone manufacturer has spent the money required to listen to background noise to detect what language is being spoken around you when they already know what language you speak. It is BS, simple as that. The fact is your location promoted certain ads from certain advertisers who happen to.advertise in another language. Try this... Record some background noise with some Spanish speaking in it, go home and play it on the stereo, see if your ads change to Spanish. They won't, I promise.

I don't think you're foolish enough to think that the vast US Govt isn't highly, highly compartmentalized. They don't send healthcare.gov web admins on commando raids, either. You didn't mail your taxes to the USS Nimitz via DHS at the airport, for example, because you know that each of those govt agencies is in the dark about the innerworkings of the IRS.

Oh gees. Compartmentalized!! I hadn't thought of that!

So when the CIA ordered FoxNews to run the Bengazi story that totally embarrassed the CIA and the State department that was so.... Um... Why was that again?

;)

It's all algorythms is it? That really makes for a good explanation of the gap in the logic. And no smart phone has the computing power NASA used to.put a man on the moon, that's nonsense banded about by fools. It took many millions of hours of use of the human brain, sorry, but you're not carrying one of of those around. Not in your pocket, that we can be sure of. The processing power required to make a space craft work is minimal, the anecdote, therefore, is stupid and holds no meaning. I have no idea how the CIA controlling news holds up your position that a smart phone manufacturer has spent the money required to listen to background noise to detect what language is being spoken around you when they already know what language you speak. It is BS, simple as that. The fact is your location promoted certain ads from certain advertisers who happen to.advertise in another language. Try this... Record some background noise with some Spanish speaking in it, go home and play it on the stereo, see if your ads change to Spanish. They won't, I promise.

Wow, don't blow a gasket. I only meant to point out that some of us tend to trust what we're told far too much. Cell phones were derived from spy tech; it is silly to think we've received full disclosure of smartphone capabilities, especially considering that Google, Ericsson, etc are CIA contractors. Have you not heard of smartphone apps that instantly recognize songs? They didn't spend billions on algorithms to make such throwaway app tech possible.

It isn't location tracking that determines the language of the ads I'm describing, either. Sometimes at this particular bank, people aren't speaking Armenian & Russian, so the ads are in English. When I'm waiting in line, I'm not talking. This bank isn't even in Little Armenia. I don't get Korean ads in Koreatown when I'm in a conversant group of Anglo friends. Same in Little Tokyo. Recently I was in Mexico City, traveling with Anglos, and the ads were in English. The location theory doesn't hold water.

Guest Farnsbarns

Wow, don't blow a gasket. I only meant to point out that some of us tend to trust what we're told far too much. Cell phones were derived from spy tech; it is silly to think we've received full disclosure of smartphone capabilities, especially considering that Google, Ericsson, etc are CIA contractors. Have you not heard of smartphone apps that instantly recognize songs? They didn't spend billions on algorithms to make such throwaway app tech possible.

It isn't location tracking that determines the language of the ads I'm describing, either. Sometimes at this particular bank, people aren't speaking Armenian & Russian, so the ads are in English. When I'm waiting in line, I'm not talking. This bank isn't even in Little Armenia. I don't get Korean ads in Koreatown when I'm in a conversant group of Anglo friends. Same in Little Tokyo. Recently I was in Mexico City, traveling with Anglos, and the ads were in English. The location theory doesn't hold water.

You're wrong. Simple. Believe what you like. I gave you the only solution to your imagined problem. Throw it away. And I'm not blowing a gasket I'm just correcting your misinformation for the benefit of others.

You've neatly avoided addressing the glaring gap in your logic. Why? They already know you speak English.

I'm going to leave this conversation alone now. No point arguing with someone who does mental gymnastics to allow their flawed theory to exist.

You're wrong. Simple. Believe what you like. I gave you the only solution to your imagined problem. Throw it away. And I'm not blowing a gasket I'm just correcting your misinformation for the benefit of others.

You've neatly avoided addressing the glaring gap in your logic. Why? They already know you speak English.

I'm going to leave this conversation alone now. No point arguing with someone who does mental gymnastics to allow their flawed theory to exist.

If they know I speak English, why do I get foreign-language ads in the USA?

Oh gees. Compartmentalized!! I hadn't thought of that!

So when the CIA ordered FoxNews to run the Bengazi story that totally embarrassed the CIA and the State department that was so.... Um... Why was that again?

;)

The US govt lies so much, and so often, that occasionally it gets caught in its own web of BS.

"I can't go with various conspiracy theories.

They're unnecessary when there are folks who take advantage of circumstances of potential weakness through whatever means are available.

m"

Milod, I couldn't agree more. There certainly are. What they have been up to is what concerns me.

I must remind all units that end-of-period quotas must be fulfilled for cyber-privileges to be extended.

Please note that if location services or roaming profile are disabled for more than 72 hours the unit may be listed as an Antisocial and subject to a possible investigation.

2 thread contributing units have been assessed as in need of updated calibration and re-motivation. Drone bots have been dispatched to assist you.

The US govt lies so much, and so often, that occasionally it gets caught in its own web of BS.

That's a pretty simplistic and rather dodgy answer. I'm afraid I'm going to need some more specifics. If The CIA controls the media how did they allow the story to run continuously for almost a week straight on FOXNews?

Archived