Gibson Brands Forums

How many AJ fans here?

magictwanger

It's real popular with me. I have the "standard" one, I guess it was a 5 Star Dealer issue. Bought it in early 2012 new. I had a trance amulet pickup put in and use it when I play in the Jug Band.

Looks good and sounds good. Plays easy.

Rich

Although there's not many replies, there's quite a few here that have an AJ. Love the rosewood slope.

Mine has an red spruce top. Love the tone and complexity of rosewood sound. With the red spruce top on mine, I find it has a very pleasing sound.

Congrats on your purchase and be sure to updates us with a review and pics. . B)

I've got one that I like a lot. Had it at a church singalong a week ago. The guy sitting next to me had a D-28 and at one time he looked over at me and said "That Gibson is loud". Its going with me to Merlefest in a few days too...

They're loud. Love the design and aesthetic appointments. The one I had didn't sound as good as my J-35 so am AJ-less. As with any guitar model, they will differ from guitar to guitar so I hope yours will be a great one. Let us know.

DC

It's the only long scale Gibson that I've held on to, the rest have left the herd.

I would like it better if the bridge was a little less wedge shaped. Bass side is too high for my taste.

I have the AJ Gold Walnut version

IMG_0121_zpscfaf2b40.jpg

Archived