Gibson Brands Forums

Pens? Anyone? Pink Floyd?

rct

I dig my pens, nothing like a fine writing instrument in the hand. I prefer the old fashioned Celluloid kind, like our picks used to be, so I prefer Platinum, a Japanese maker. Fahrneyspens.com sent me this, and I thought I'd pass it on. I'm not a giant Floyd fan so I'll pass, but somea you mooks might like one of these. It's not a bad pen either!

Pink Floyd Pen

162147.jpg

rct

Well, yeah. And it's a rollerball, so it's a no for me. I don't think us fountain users will be lining up for it, but Floyd fans will.

The only (good)rollerball I ever had was a Waterman, and it broke.

rct

I really like Pink Floyd, but I saw the price of this limited edition pen on their website. They want $140 for it!!! Ooooh, but it's limited to 1,000 world wide!!!

Money, it's a crime. Share it fairly, but don't take a slice of my pie.

Tangentially Traipsing Time, I'm afraid...

...I prefer the old fashioned Celluloid kind, like our picks used to be, so I prefer Platinum, a Japanese maker...

This had me wondering somewhat, so I googled the name.

Funny thing is we in the UK have the 'Platignum' (with a 'g') brand of pen. It turns out that both 'Platinum' and 'Platignum' started manufacturing pens in the same year -1919.

The UK company is (nowadays) a budget-level brand in comparison to the other. Platignum pens were often what we young'uns used at school.

Don't much care for the Floyd pen but I do like a properly sorted fountain pen.

I have a few nice ones such as various Parker Duofolds; an old Mont Blanc Meisterstuck; a '50s Cross and so on.

My all-time favourites are, oddly enough, half-a-dozen (or so) Conway Stewarts - some with their matching propelling pencil - from the '40s and '50s.

It took me a shamefully long time to realise that the 'old wives tale' which says using a good fountain pen can improve your handwriting is actually true.

P.

Fountain pens rock...

These roller balls and biros are only OK...

Moi has several Parkers and a rather special Pelikan... [thumbup]

In this keyboard/predictive text world what we live in

The art and skill of handwriting is in danger of disappearing..

V

:-({|=

Archived