Gibson Brands Forums

Dot Studio At Last

walterlane

For many months, I've been thinking about getting a Dot Studio. I've seen it on the web in ads, photos and videos and really liked what I'd seen and read. So a couple days ago, I finally went to a store to take a real look and bought a new Dot Studio for my upcoming 60th birthday. When I saw it in the store, Guitar Center, Durham, NC, I was amazed at its striking beauty. The photos and videos I'd seen on the web in no way do it justice; the appearance is awesome! I played it in the store and was delighted at its terrific tone. I really like the simplicity of operation using just one volume and one tone control with a pickup selector switch; I usually use both pickups. I can quickly adjust the volume using just the one control. And I really like the big knobs; they turn quickly and are easy to grasp. It was a hundred dollars less than another model I was also looking at but that is not why I bought it. I just simply liked it better than the other, more expensive model. After getting it home and setting the action, I was so pleased at how well it played. I'm glad I finally got around to getting it!

Dot Studio, you don't say. Love mine, great guitar. Dig it. Got a picture you might post ? msp_thumbup.gif

No pics as yet. I don't even have a camera. It's of course a gloss cherry finish with a deep luster. I don't see how this guitar is sold at this price, but I'm glad it is.

That's OK, here's a pic of some of minemsp_biggrin.gif , including my Dot Studio, along with a few others (not all) of my "herd" lolmsp_biggrin.gif

I rotate the playing order, and pick 3 or 4 different ones to play every daymsp_smile.gif

Some day, I'll take another pic with the 2 other Epiphone's (black pearl Riviera P93 and EL-00), that aren't shown. msp_mellow.gif

b2d77a27-6aeb-4ccb-8a34-32738514c33e_zps0709f33c.jpg

That's OK, here's a pic of some of minemsp_biggrin.gif , including my Dot Studio, along with a few others (not all) of my "herd" lolmsp_biggrin.gif

I rotate the playing order, and pick 3 or 4 different ones to play every daymsp_smile.gif

Some day, I'll take another pic with the 2 other Epiphone's (black pearl Riviera P93 and EL-00), that aren't shown. msp_mellow.gif

Some people are just natural-born over achievers. [thumbup]

Cool Crest you finely got a good les paul sg . i like mine a lot

For many months, I've been thinking about getting a Dot Studio. I've seen it on the web in ads, photos and videos and really liked what I'd seen and read. So a couple days ago, I finally went to a store to take a real look and bought a new Dot Studio for my upcoming 60th birthday. When I saw it in the store, Guitar Center, Durham, NC, I was amazed at its striking beauty. The photos and videos I'd seen on the web in no way do it justice; the appearance is awesome! I played it in the store and was delighted at its terrific tone. I really like the simplicity of operation using just one volume and one tone control with a pickup selector switch; I usually use both pickups. I can quickly adjust the volume using just the one control. And I really like the big knobs; they turn quickly and are easy to grasp. It was a hundred dollars less than another model I was also looking at but that is not why I bought it. I just simply liked it better than the other, more expensive model. After getting it home and setting the action, I was so pleased at how well it played. I'm glad I finally got around to getting it!

Welcome to this site and yes Epiphones are nice . They are like a drug you can not stop buying them . Ask Crust .

Archived