Gibson Brands Forums

*UPDATE* Looking for amp recomendations.

Les Pauler

So I ditched the Marshall MG30CFX and now I am a proud owner of a Fender Super Champ x2. It is fantastic! Thanks for the recomendations guys. I looked at a lot of amps over the last few weeks and I am really happy with this amp.

Someday down the road if I am in a Beach Boy or Beetles cover band I may go back for a Princeton Reverb but for now I am very happy with the Super Champ and would highly recommend it for a great home amp.

Again, thanks for the advice and direction.

Jay

Good Choice!! [thumbup] I have the Super Champ XD model, which preceded the X2.

I like mine a lot. You can get so many great tones out of that thing.

And it is much louder than most would think.

Have fun with it! [biggrin]

Just picked up a Swart Atomic Space Tone that is totally balls to the wall...twin 6V6's, really smooth reverb, AND a tremolo that is out of this world! Hand wired, tweed...bought it on consignment from Elderly Music for $1000.00 (lists for $1850.00). Rich clean tones, and accepts pedals very nicely. A stellar amp indeed!

So I ditched the Marshall MG30CFX and now I am a proud owner of a Fender Super Champ x2. It is fantastic! Thanks for the recomendations guys. I looked at a lot of amps over the last few weeks and I am really happy with this amp.

Someday down the road if I am in a Beach Boy or Beetles cover band I may go back for a Princeton Reverb but for now I am very happy with the Super Champ and would highly recommend it for a great home amp.

Again, thanks for the advice and direction.

Jay

Congrats on the Superchamp X2. The Fender tones great, the models of: Vox, Marshall not so much. Passable but not great even with some time spent in Fuse.

Just make sure you download the latest version of Fuse. As I posted before most models have the Mids dimed and you can roll them back in Fuse.

It would have been nice if the designers had made Mid level 5 as neutral for the non mid knob amps but they didn't. I own most Fenders modeled so am able to get the amp pretty close to a Deluxe, Twin, and Princeton. I spend most of my time on the clean side which sounds like a cross between a Twin and Deluxe.

I rent so most of my big amps are out now days and the Superchamp lives in my living room against my couch and sounds great at a level that allows me to not be evicted.

Lots of pages on the X2 on line so can look for much more info to see what the amp can do and not take up time here on the Epiphone Forum.

Archived