Gibson Brands Forums

"Good thing happened in my day" Thread

Aster1

Hi Guys,

Maybe this has already been around, but I haven't seen it at least in 2-3 yrs. This thread would be about and for everyone that wants to convey, share, tell, or offer up some bit of good news that made you smile or be grateful/thankful for. Just for me, seems like too much "bad news" & problems being the big ticket stories (don't mean around here, but just on all the other media we are saturated with.

What I loved so much about the Late-Great Paul Harvey was that at a minimum his "news" would cover 50% of things that made you glad to hear about and lightened the load.

It can be anything that brought a positive smile to your face, experience that was gratifying, etc. Just some dang "good news" for a change.[thumbup] [thumbup]

I know everyone has some things good, or even great happen every day, if we just look for them. Anyone game?

I'll go first to get it started:

Just enjoyed the completion of a major project that was a total struggle. But it's done and "I Feel Fine" and ready to dance on the clouds!! To better the day, on my way to deliver the final paperwork, I was delighted I missed "Running into" the Pappa Murphy's pizza deliver guy that cut across 4 lanes of heavy & fast moving traffic. How I swerved in time I don't know, but I did and it's a DOUBLE HEADER GREAT DAY! [biggrin] May post on the Epi Lounge too as I know many don't cross over much.

Aster

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't wake up dead this morning!

My son and his wife got a new lil puppy today.

Just had a big plate full of fresh wild mushrooms... morels, with crappie.

Within an hour, I will be down in the music room playing a Les Paul.

Work went well today, called an old buddy on the way home. Got the grass mowed, yard finished yesterday before the big storms hit.

I have the most awesome pup in the world... and a great wife.

Lucky enough to be a child of the One Above. :-)

Man, great news. That's enough for most for a whole week to be happy about. Esp. not waking up "dead" this morning!! [biggrin] I will admit, that's where I start with my "attitude of gratitude" each and every day. The rest of the day should only be a mere annoyance at best when you wake up, can see out of both eyes, breath, think, hear, walk, etc.

Anyone else want to join in. Tomorrows another day too!!

Aster

Guest Farnsbarns

Yesterday I went and saw Rick Wakeman at the Albert Hall. Bloody fantastic, that's made my week.

Today I received my deposit back from the last house having just moved so I'm off to buy a 55" telly tonight.

My team at work are breaking enough records to cost me a fortune in spot bonuses this week, that's gotta be good.

Yesterday I went and saw Rick Wakeman at the Albert Hall. Bloody fantastic, that's made my week.

Today I received my deposit back from the last house having just moved so I'm off to buy a 55" telly tonight.

My team at work are breaking enough records to cost me a fortune in spot bonuses this week, that's gotta be good.

Life is good!! That deposit must have been a chunk to get a '55 Tele!! [thumbup] Great on the bonuses. When I have to pay them out, commissions too, it does seem to help things out for me too. Funny how when you treat people fairly & right how things work out well for all.

Post some good photo's of the git you get!! [biggrin]

Aster

Great idea for a thread.

My experience was not so life or death, but no less uplifting. Sometimes it's the little things that can make a big difference. I just recently modded a new guitar, then did the setup. I noticed that D and A strings would not intonate properly because the saddles needed to be flipped. Since I had put a $20 set of Thomastik-Infeld flatwounds on, and they can be kinda brittle, I decided to live with it and wait until the next string change to flip the saddles. After a couple of weeks, I noticed that I was getting some string buzz on the D and A strings. The neck relief was perfect, and raising the bridge didn't seem to help until the action was way too high. Thinking about what the problem might be, it occurred to me that if I flipped the saddles, it may actually raise the action of those strings. I was able to loosen the strings, flip the saddles, lower the bridge back down and get the action where I like it, get correct intonation, and eliminate the string buzz, all by flipping the saddles.

Made my day.

Had band rehearsal today and I played the solo really well on the new song we're working on and got some complements from the band... [thumbup]

This. Exactly. Just got back.

And....car running just fine, didn't rain, swam 28 lengths lunchtime and pedalled 11km on exercise bike later.

Here is something that will make EVERYBODY'S day better... I am currently prepping for and EGD and a Colonoscopy. You know... the one where you can't eat anything except clear liquids, for 39 hours in my case due to appointment times and travel to the center. (I am so hungry my mouth started watering when i was looking at the leather on my boots)! Then you take four "explosive capsules" and drink 128 oz. of the nastiest, salt water tasting "liquid lightning"... at the rate of 8 oz. every 10-15 minutes. Then they have the nerve to tell me to stay hydrated by drinking 8 oz. of water every 20-30 minutes. Really? Like i can stand to swallow any more liquid between the lightning juice! Good gawd... I must have been very bad in a past life or something. My music room is downstairs in our finished basement... with no bathroom. Tried playing my guitar, but by the time I get downstairs and hook up, it is "happy time" and I make the mad dash upstairs to release Mr. Liquid lightning from his dungeon! I think I need an exorcist or something! There is something very much bad going on in my tummy! Gotta be tough to get old I tell ya.

I know I have one of those (2nd one) later this year after my 60th. We will expect to hear what the great news is with YOUR CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH. [thumbup]

Now this is taking off with some gusto. Just the info, large or small happenings, that we all need to hear.

My good news today is I made it thru 1st Quarter tax filings at the office today. I had to run them as the account was out sick. Actually, I am to and felt like dog do-do, but the BUCK stops (or would have been charged) HERE. Got all filed in 2 1/2 hrs even with tons of interruptions. Fed & State witholding & State Sales taxes (2 businesses worth even)! Man, I usually hate tax day if I have to do it. Guess I felt so bad, I didn't even get very cranky. What a great day!! Yeee Haw. Got to leave, come home & watch Adam 12 and nap with my two Springers!!

Before I left. our new Home Automation & Distributed Audio gear demo set for the showroom arrived and checked it out. That is always like Christmas getting to open presents. Now all I have learn the new programming set, have the guys install & dial touchscreens in the wall & wire up to speakers & lighting controls. Hope we can sell tons of them too!! Nice fit & finish to the gear. Not super high end Luxury Home systems stuff but more for the mid price homes 3000-5000 sq ft style. Just what I need for that price point.

Hope tomorrow is even better with me being over this cold more.

Aster

Sounds like a good day Aster!

Things went well today. Minor findings... nothing that a little care can't fix. Thanks. I finally ate!!! After 43 hours without eating, I had my wife stop and get me a big nasty bacon cheeseburger and fries! There goes the colon, LOL

Good luck with your procedure brother. And THAT, my friends, is my good news for today. :-)

I like the parts about "just waking up" cuz so many didn't have that pleasure. Off to an install this afternoon that should be easy. Really grateful for the easy part as still 2 1/2 quarts low on oil with this resp. virus. Get to go back to bed now till 10:30am and try for some more rest.

The rain has stopped but it's sure gray. Glad no more downpours as we've just gotta see some sun soon. Dang, you'd think we were in Seattle in the winter time or something here in the heartland. [biggrin]

Looks like good things really do happen each day. Glad about 36 yrs aniv., nothing better than someone buying lunch sometimes, and Spain seems like where I need to be for that sunny day!! Winning stuff is always a thrill, even a yo-yo at the movie theater drawing on Sat. Matinees was just like winning the Lotto or something. I'm regressing some these days to more of a "Child Like" not "Childish" outlook. You know, where everything was FASCINATING HAPPENINGS. A terrible thing to get older and forget how to feel like that. I will spend the rest of my days working to find my way back to that excitement, even if it was just watching clouds on a nice sunny day! [thumbup]

Aster

Aster

My daughter has just been moved up one group in her swimming lessons.

She's now in the final 'normal' stage. If she chooses to go further with the lessons it's purely competiton-level from then on.

The 'win-win' part of her upgrade from my point of view is that lessons have changed from Tuesdays 18:30 to Thursdays 18:00.

As Tuesdays are my local 'open-mic' nights it means that, if I so choose, I can once again elect to torture 'entertain' the neighbourhood bar-flies......

P.

YeeeHaww! Saturday & SUNNY. What a treat. Birds are singing and things look great outdoors.

May blow all the dust, sand, & leaves out of the garage on side my wife parks. Winter is rough on mess. Then, after the leaf blowing all the crap out, I'll uncover the Harley's and see what they look like again. Don't know but may need to wash them, at least one as it's worse than washing a car by 10x. Then take for a SPIN DRY for a spot free shine! [biggrin]

Kelvinator, you got that right. Seeing life thru the eyes of a child is just what I'm talking about. Life really is exciting when we don't get bogged down in the daily minutia.

Came home all stressed & cranky from having to "TEAR" thru the day with work. I don't mind moving quickly, but the need to move at breakneck speeds ALL DAY LONG FOR 9-10 hrs. just ain't going to cut it anymore. Need to run several sprint races more vs. a 20,000 yard (meter) dash. All it took was a 35 min walk in the beautiful park with my wife & the 2 dogs. Blew the stink from work right off me. [thumbup]

Aster

Archived