Gibson Brands Forums

"Good thing happened in my day" Thread

Aster1

Guest Farnsbarns

First Saturday at work since the move, forgot to check out the journey times and, more seriously, forgot to set my alarm. Woke up at 7am unpromted, checked train times and I was just in time to get ready slowly and stroll to the station. The other guy due in was over an hour late but no jobs came up at all until he was walking in. That all came together rather well.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YeeeHaww! Saturday & SUNNY. What a treat. Birds are singing and things look great outdoors.

May blow all the dust, sand, & leaves out of the garage on side my wife parks. Winter is rough on mess. Then, after the leaf blowing all the crap out, I'll uncover the Harley's and see what they look like again. Don't know but may need to wash them, at least one as it's worse than washing a car by 10x. Then take for a SPIN DRY for a spot free shine! [biggrin]

"Spin drying" is more fun, but you can use that leaf-blower on the bike too... works great! rolleyes.gif

"Spin drying" is more fun, but you can use that leaf-blower on the bike too... works great! rolleyes.gif

I know the leaf blowers will work, but have read accounts on objects being thrown at the bike as they aren't screened/filter. I use to use a shop vac with filter in place with the hose in the exhaust port of the vac. What I stumbled onto was this blower vs. the Metro Vac "Blaster" and it's called an "Air Shammey." I love it but you have to wear hearing protection from the really loud noise it makes. Not from the quiet motor, but from the speed of the air blasting thru the fins & parts on the bike. Also, it has a soft nozzle when you slip and touch something, and slightly heated air, not like a hairdryer though, and a really long flexible hose. And now for my review & would I re-purchase? [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Aster

airshammy_zps83dbdc81.jpg

Love it when good stuff happens.

Went for an appointment last Thursday with a cardiologist. Had an ultrasound to check out a previous report of calcification in the arteries which was discovered during a CT scan for another issue.

I was pretty nervous about the potential outcome but after a few minutes discovered that the ole ticker is doing just fine. I suggested that quitting smoking would be a good thing and the doctors response was "You're a smoker"?. Still a good thing to do.

When I got home, a statement for my wife's RRSP investment was there. Based on the quarter ending March 31st, her projected return this year will be about 25% if everything were to continue as is. Not real likely but positive for sure.

Then I booked the day off Friday and had a wonderful day with my wife.

Life is really good sometimes.

Not as good as someone getting a good medical report, but I just got notice from Rick that my Vintage Sound Amp is in production and testing this week and due to ship early next week! Been about seven weeks since the order. Makes for a good day. [thumbup]

Just got back from a walk in a Crab Apple arboretum at our City Water Works campus/park. Hundreds of primo trees starting into bloom and the fragrants is Heavenly to say the least.

What a great way to wind down from the day with some aroma therapy. [biggrin]

They'll only last 2 weeks max so we'll make the most of it. Then the Lilac arboretum should be starting up maybe my weeks end. Man, a DOUBLE HEADER this year.

Aster

Guess everyone's bored with a good news thread. Like they say, "bad news sells copy!" Guess "they're" right

Great walk today again. Missed a bad migraine so that makes it a red letter day in itself.

Aster

At our 18th annual meeting in Graz, Austria. Many attendees came up to the core faculty and told us it was one of the best meetings yet. That was a great thing that happened. [biggrin]

After many years of 'putting up with' running my 1976 Holdsworth Professional on my back-up wheels I finally got around to having the originals re-instated.

I had shattered the rear wheel-rim on a pot-hole and when I went to get the wheel re-built I discovered the shock had fractured the axle(!).

As replacement axles for '76 Campag Record 6sp hubs are in pretty short supply in SE20 I put on the 'spares' and forgot about the 'real' ones.

But I eventually managed to cannibalise some bits and bobs and, after a fair amount of fine-tuning, she now once more looks - and rides - like she did in her prime.

I'm delighted!

I went for a quick half-hour shakedown blast and then enjoyed a more relaxed trip around the greener areas around here with my daughter on her bike.

Crappy-snap time;

HoldsworthPro.jpg

P.

Our singer is out of the hospital.... She was in for 5 days, and had to have emergency surgery due to internal bleeding in her lower abdomen..... It was pretty touch and go there for awhile.... So we are all taking turns taking care of her..... So we are all relieved

A good several days....

Last weekend was a holiday weekend in the UK and I took this week off.

Visited my sister deep in the West Midlands - we always do a good walk and this time it was Bury Ditches Hill Fort on a blustery day. Quite a remote, harsh landscape and very impressive -

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=4930

Bought 'new' s/h recon PC, very good spec and price - Intel Quad, Nvidia, big Coolermaster case - now up to date and have Windows 7

So...had to by a new monitor - 24" Iiyama with IPS, arrived today and I'm about to watch a movie or some music....

Plus new software - Nero and latest Band-In-A-Box (@DaveinSpain you would love this pgm)...as I'm on leave I had time to set everything up, extra product registrations not so uplifting.

I now have Amplitube v.3 (ooh! aah!) which was one extra so next I need a DAW.

Swam Ikm yesterday. Took big sack of old clothes to charity shop.

Gig this morning; jazz standards duo played at re-opening of re-furbished community centre (I can tell you they did not consider the acoustics!) for local dignitaries - new mayor, MP (who is also a Cabinet Minister...and he thanked me!!) - went down very well; Mayoress asked if we would play on council-run bandstand, sax player said he already applied and never heard so - "give me your card" says she, and he did then 2 others asked for one, lets hope something comes of it.

Finished and home for cup of java by 1pm, then did all chores and re-strung Strat.

Sense of satisfaction and achievement today.

Regards to all...

Nice look'n cycle Pippy. Those were nice rides. Glad your friend is out of the woods Duane!! Being sick, not to mention critical is a bad place to be.

Good news again. I'm grateful to be able to think about Mothers day now w/o getting depressed about mine being gone. Now I can celebrate my Mamma's greatness and not the loss of her I hope.

BTW Happy Mothers Day to all Mothers (and everyone's wife's that are mothers) here!!

Hope the forecast is wrong for tomorrow. Wanted to go sniff the Lilacs in the park tomorrow. Be nice to bottle that smell and sniff it when you are running a little low on mojo.

Aster

Headed up to Chapel Hill tomorrow to see my alma mater play Florida State in baseball. Not expecting a Carolina victory, but I just love that campus and all the great memories.

Wild night with storms here in IA. 85-100 mph winds recorded!! A few tornado's spun off and did some damage but most are pretty fast here with proper shelter (unless they live it the dreaded tornado magnet, a trailer park)! The storm turned before it got into my area and we just missed it. I'd better get a place cleaned out in our basement storage area soon for the 4 of us to huddle w/o clutter falling on us. [biggrin]

Hope all is well for everyone with these big spring storms.

Aster

It's 23:20 on Saturday night and I've just returned home from watching my 9-y-o daughter, Chloe, perform with the rest of her dance class at London's Royal Albert Hall.

That's going to be a difficult venue for her to 'top'.

P.

My sister has a Holdsworth professional, same color, much smaller. [love]

Just saw this as I was typing the above post.

That's the Holdsworth Campagnolo Professional Team colours. Or was.

Throughout the '70s the Holdsworth Campagnolo team were easily the top domesstic equipe in the UK.

They won the British Road Race Championship regularly including a three-in-a-row set in this timeframe.

I had read about them since about '71 and when I eventually could put some money towards buying a top-quality race bike I had to get a H'worth Pro.

The '76 bikes were unique in that for that one year only they had 75 parallel geometry (up from 74 the previous year) but the riders found them too 'twitchy' for safety in a group scenario.

I'd love to see a pic of your sisters bike, BBP. I'm almost as much a fan of them as I am of LPs....

[thumbup]

P.

A fabulous thing happened to me on May 15 at 10:26 P:M,my first grandchild-a boy-was born.Colton William Norris is going to be the next guitar prodigy,if I have anything to do with it-he certainly has the fingers for it!I told his mother that I was buying him his first guitar and that if anyone else tried to beat me to it,I would reduce it to toothpicks....lol.Too bad that he lives about 800 miles away,I'll have to learn how to post stuff on the computer,so I can send him his lessons over the net.

Congrats on that new "bruser" Bonzo!! Hope you get to seem him much and good luck with the lessons.

Had an interesting good news deal, to me anyway. I have had a tough client that called and wanted to have some speakers added to their patio area. They are tough only cuz they just haven't felt the need to upgrade their home for the last 7 yrs. and move into technology. I have made a pitch about every year now for about 7 yrs to get into lighting control, whole house audio, and automation gear. They have plenty of available cash but just wouldn't consider it. Funny thing is I showed them the new system, gave them the $$$ numbers and they decided to do the whole enchilada. [biggrin] This is a 10,000 sq ft. home and the system was a pretty big chunk of investment. They decided on the amount in less time than I could agonize over the price of ground chuck vs. ground sirloin. [rolleyes] Good work now for the next few months.

Aster

Archived