Gibson Brands Forums

"Good thing happened in my day" Thread

Aster1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a rubbish week at work, so I decided to go out and about with my camera this evening and have an explore. I tried for some photos in a wooded area but it just wasn't happening. Feeling somewhat disgruntled I strolled back to my car and was just about to drive off when I was rewarded with this fantastic rainbow!!

Enjoy! I did!

14244614482_67e22e36f8_c.jpgWest Sussex Rainbow by Simon Clarkson Photography, on Flickr

Regards

Flight959

The fellow with the colors & the paintbrush is the best artist ever. I'm always in awe with His paintings. Thanks for that really inspiring photo!! Just when things aren't going great they can all of a sudden turn golden can't they!

Aster

Hey, my good thing today is deciding to play "hooky" from work tomorrow and have a 4 day weekend.

I got called for a job interview with the local high school district.

It's for a social science job.

I've spent the last four months teaching Spanish I and really enjoyed it. When they ask me about classroom management, I think I've got that down.

When they ask me to do a lesson plan, I know I've got that down. I'm going to have them compare and contrast civil rights leaders Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X. Then I'll have them anser the question:

By peaceful non-violent protests or by any means necessary? Which side of the civil rights movement would you be on and why?

The disctrict is hiring 5 history teachers this summer and I hope to be one of them.

I got called for a job interview with the local high school district.

It's for a social science job.

I've spent the last four months teaching Spanish I and really enjoyed it. When they ask me about classroom management, I think I've got that down.

When they ask me to do a lesson plan, I know I've got that down. I'm going to have them compare and contrast civil rights leaders Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X. Then I'll have them anser the question:

By peaceful non-violent protests or by any means necessary? Which side of the civil rights movement would you be on and why?

The disctrict is hiring 5 history teachers this summer and I hope to be one of them.

Good luck with the new opportunity CM. Hope that works out.

For my good day news it dawned on my 3 simple things that can make my day:

1) Put on a pair of pants you haven't worn for a while & find a $10-$20 in a pocket

2) Someone says they are going to buy lunch when you go out

3) Play hooky from work (even when you're the overworked boss)

May uncover the Road King and the Softail Deluxe Harley's and take one (or both, separately of course) for a spin. Yeeee Haww

Aster

I had lithotripsy today to explode a big kidney stone. I feel good and the red mark on my side is a reminder of how much easier this was that 6 years ago when I suffered in agony for almost 2 weeks. This was 25 minutes of sharp little "snaps" that REALLY started to hurt near the end. But they say I'm good now for 6-10 years. Thats was my best day since February 14th when it all started.

Krock

Well, what kind of car (brand, model, color etc & photo's). Ya know the rules!!! [biggrin]

Bill, I'm grateful to not have had that experience but also glad so many can have those stones "blowed up" instead of cut out or passed. Glad you're feeling better and missed that 2x4 to the head type of pain.

Weather today here in IOA is just heaven on earth. PERFECT. Got out to the trail with the Springers, smelled the honeysuckle blooming along the trail with perfect sky & company along the way. What could make the day better!!

Aster

Krock

Well, what kind of car (brand, model, color etc & photo's). Ya know the rules!!! [biggrin]

Aster

It's only my finishing uni and getting a job treat so its nothing extravagant. Its a Citroen C3 vti 1.6L exclusive in silver. My mother has the C5 which I also happened to pick. I love french car styling and these cars are just so comfortable. Its been raining all day so I've not had a chance to take a pic of my own one but its the same as the one below but in silver. The car I used before this was my dads Peugeot 106 so this is quite a step up for me.

27wr3ih.jpg

They've come a long way in styling with the Citroen from the ones of yester-year!!! Congrats on the new ride, drive save and enjoy that black beauty!!! Is it your 1st new car or totally 1st car you have totally owned?

Aster

They've come a long way in styling with the Citroen from the ones of yester-year!!! Congrats on the new ride, drive save and enjoy that black beauty!!! Is it your 1st new car or totally 1st car you have totally owned?

Aster

Thanks, its the first car I've totally owned. Sorting out the insurance for it today wasn't quite as much fun as driving it. Oh well, I had to build up my no claims bonus someday dry.gif

Tman,

Been there, done that. Not too bad anymore (disk actually healed, dissolved the herniation with time). Now it's the dang neck.

Low back pain & sciatica is prolly the worst pain I've EVER experienced (like can truly make beads of sweet on your forehead & cause you to pass out from the intensity of the pain)! I'm finding that the neck pain isn't as intense bad, but something about it is just so aggravating & grating. Can't decide which is worse now to have.

Hope you hang onto the relief!! [thumbup]

Strange how "not hurting" really feels ain't it. And what a happy thing it truly can be.

Take care!!

Aster

Thanks, its the first car I've totally owned. Sorting out the insurance for it today wasn't quite as much fun as driving it. Oh well, I had to build up my no claims bonus someday dry.gif

Ya know, when the blamed ins. is about the same as the car payment you know it's just wrong. [cursing] I remember starting out and having no record, but having youth actuary calculation stats against me as a young male. Killer premiums.

Aster

Archived