Gibson Brands Forums

Charm City Devils

moparguy

This is copied from the 98 Rock Noise In The Basement page:

John Allen has been a staple of the Baltimore music scene for many years and has had much well deserved success. I followed John through his early days as a drummer for Child’s Play and SR 71 and then with his own project fronting Charm City Devils. The band played Noise In The Basement right before they signed their first record deal. The band was the first band signed to Nikki Sixx’s record label. Then next thing you know I get a message from John letting me know that they are opening for Motley Crue at Madison Square Garden in New York City! These guys are a REAL rock-n-roll band. It doesn’t get any more real than Charm City Devils!

John Allen can't be too young, because Child's Play and SR71 (originally called Honor Among Thieves) go way back to the 90s and maybe even late 80s).

The Charm City Devils sound dam good but every time I hear that song I see the Soggy Bottom Boys. George Clooney in overalls with a fake beard doing that strange mountain dance from the movie "Oh Brother where art thow".The song was originally recorded by Burnett as "Farewell Song" about 1913.I'm going to check more youtube for other songs from CCD to hear more.

These guys rock. Two of them, guitarist and bass player mabey, grew up in Rockville, Md. A good friend of mine went to high school with them. We went to see them open for Crüe at crew fest a couple of years ago and he introduced me to them. Great bunch of guys. Put on an awesome show.

Archived