Gibson Brands Forums

CJ-165

FrostedLuck

Hopefully this kind of post isn't frowned upon in these forums... if it is, I apologize!

I have a Gibson that I'm looking to sell and I'm having a very hard time determining a value. She's not getting the love she deserves and I need to make room in the collection for a new digital piano. Anyways, it's a CJ-165 Acoustic-Electric. Natural wood in like-new condition with no cosmetic imperfections. Gibson hardshell case, unattached Gibson pickguard, and all factory documentation is intact. Do the experts in this forum have any experience with this particular model? Any examples of what she might be worth? I'm not interested in making bank on it, just want to sell at a fair price.

(Yeah, these are TERRIBLE photos. I need to borrow something to use other than my phone).post-43273-034768000 1398793050_thumb.jpgpost-43273-073729900 1398793043_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

For the record, I did check Ebay. I was amused by the fact that my search brought up a bunch of collectible magazines with a woman named "CJ Gibson" on the cover.

I'm not sure if Gibson still make this guitar and when they did not all that many. Certainly the members on this site rate the guitar highly. I have one but had to import from USA as I couldn't get one in UK. The last time I sure one on UK E Bay it went for 2500 usd

Archived