Gibson Brands Forums

New Career For Me!

drathbun

Those of you who have known me here may know that I am a university professor. I've been teaching theatre technology and design (lighting, sound, scenery) for 34 years. This Friday I officially start my next career as a Sales and Rental Associate with Long & McQuade Musical Instruments in Calgary. I've been planning this change for a number of years, starting with my 2007 summer internship as a guitar tech. I've appreciated the L&M company philosophy and the staff at my local L&M for a long time and am thrilled to be joining them. One of the cool things I will be able to do as a Sales Rep, is to product test items at home! A gear head and tech geek's dream!

PS: L&M is Canada's national Gibson dealer. This means that anything Gibson that comes into Canada, comes through Yorkville Sound (L&M's sister company) in Toronto.

Totally stoked here! :)

Very cool!

Though L&M isn't my favorite store in the city it is always the best store for trying the widest variety of new Gibson's. Whenever I go to their Bloor/Ossington store they always have at least 10 different models to try. That particular store also seems to have some nicer guitars/products than other locations I have visited.

Thanks everyone for the best wishes! It is much appreciated!

slimt: Yeah the south store; 58th Ave SW.

Fullmental: No you can't have the old job as it is gone. The Alberta Government and the powers that be at Mount Royal University, felt the fine arts were not needed at MRU and removed the very successful Music Jazz and Theatre Arts (performance and production) programs at the institution, all while building a new $83M concert hall. I have no doubt in a year or two a new President will come in and say "why don't we have any credit performing arts programs when we have three theatres and two concert halls??

Go figure. [confused]

Fullmental: No you can't have the old job as it is gone. The Alberta Government and the powers that be at Mount Royal University, felt the fine arts were not needed at MRU and removed the very successful Music Jazz and Theatre Arts (performance and production) programs at the institution, all while building a new $83M concert hall. I have no doubt in a year or two a new President will come in and say "why don't we have any credit performing arts programs when we have three theatres and two concert halls??

Go figure. [confused]

Yup, I was taking online playwrighting classes from an absolutely great teacher at a community college here in California until they dropped the playwrighting classes. Kept the theatre classes but dropped the writing classes. Anybody want 2/3rds of a Broadway musical?

Go figure.

FMA

Archived