Gibson Brands Forums

Ben Haggard

brc

I am a huge Merle Haggard fan, and have seen him play many times.

I was lucky enough to meet him a couple times, once during one of his concerts at the Crazy Horse Saloon in Santa Ana Ca.

Anyway, I am always watching him on You Tube, when I saw his son, Ben Haggard in one of the short clips.

Ben Haggard is now playing lead guitar for the Strangers <Merle Haggards group> so I followed some of Bens clips on You Tube.

Although he is in his early twenties now, you can really hear his Dads influence in his voice.

It seems like a lot of the upcoming artists in country are going back to the root of country music.

To me, I like the music of the 50s/60s, early 70s and its great to hear new artists playing the sounds of those years.

If you get a chance, check out Ben Haggard on You Tube

brc...I have had the pleasure of playing the Crazy Horse when I lived in Anaheim Hills. Nice place...good sound men and close up personal seating in the "show room". I never got to see Merle there, but I did see Ray Price, Willy, Waylon, and Hoyt Axton. I saw Merle at Billy Bob's.

I just watched a Marty Haggard video last night. I guess its time for all Merle's kids to start comin' out of the woodwork. I recently watched a 1 1/2 hour special on Merle's life, and Ben was the lead player in most (not all) of the footage. He didn't get to sing of course the show was about Merle. Nice to know there are other Merle fans on here. [thumbup]

I guess it really is a small world!

I worked for the owner of the Crazy Horse Saloon, he also owned a construction company,<the reason I was able to meet Merle Haggard.>

When the Crazy Horse in Santa Ana closed down, I was the construction superintendent on the new Crazy Horse Saloon in Irvine Ca.

When he sold the new Crazy Horse, it just never had the same feeling as the old one.

But for a short time, the new Crazy Horse was great.

I was lucky enough to meet a lot of the greats playing the new and old Crazy Horse, but I would have loved to be able to meet Ray Price.

My brother lives in Anahiem Hills, <very nice are place to live>

Archived