Gibson Brands Forums

Some T-rex....oh ya

RowdyMoon

Marc Bolan died in 1977..that year he had a T.V show called " Marc" ...only did 6 shows for obvious reasons...Show number one...at the 3 minute mark you will see a very awesome new wave punk band ( that I was lucky enough to see in 1981 )that was just starting out ( or somewhat starting out)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0NEfm_Y-io

I got to see "T=Rex" at the CNE in the early 70s. He was the warm up act for Three Dog Night.

That must have been a great show.......I really need to find a time machine somewhere.

Marc Bolan died in 1977..that year he had a T.V show called " Marc" ...only did 6 shows for obvious reasons...Show number one...at the 3 minute mark you will see a very awesome new wave punk band ( that I was lucky enough to see in 1981 )that was just starting out ( or somewhat starting out)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0NEfm_Y-io

The Jam was my favorite band in them days.

The Marc video linked to post #2 is blocked here. Luckily I was able to view the one linked to the OP. Darn great, RM - thanks for sharing it here. [thumbup]

Ah yes, and Steve Currie was a weird bass player. Classy work on Buick MacKane.

I think I've just realized Jack White's biggest influence...

Always heard T-Rex stuff here on Classic Rock radio airplay, but just never really got into him enough to learn more about him and his music other than he was quite Glam-Rock and big on drama...

There's a clear difference between his persona on early stuff and then later... He really fed on the dramatic persona for himself...

It really does remind me of Jack White...

I'll have to check him out some more... I love his guitars... I like that GoldTop w/soap-bars too!

I'll have to check him out some more... I love his guitars... I like that GoldTop w/soap-bars too!

Do your ears a favor and pick up a copy of Electric Warrior and The Slider. 100% Serious. Do it! Every song is a gem and the guitar tones are blissful. It's glam when glam was good; before it became a silly joke.

Do your ears a favor and pick up a copy of Electric Warrior and The Slider. 100% Serious. Do it! Every song is a gem and the guitar tones are blissful. It's glam when glam was good; before it became a silly joke.

Electric Warrior was the first album I bought. I bought a cd a few years back and it has the rough mixes/demos on it as well as the normal songs. Great album. 'Mambo sun' is still rings fresh in my ears and 'Get it on' has to have one of the best intros ever.

Archived