Gibson Brands Forums

New Strap Day

NHTom

Ok, needed a new strap for my recently acquired LP Special. I'm kind of picky/ocd about my straps.

I all ready had two of the Ernie Ball Leather straps and really like them. I'm a big guy, so the fact that they adjust from 43 to 63" is very useful.

Good leather. Stitched all the way around plus around the eyelets and adjustment holes.

I got another for my Special and one for the Sonex I've got on layaway.

101_0315_zps46570127.jpg

Just thought I'd throw it out there as a good product/experience.

NHTom

Ok, needed a new strap for my recently acquired LP Special. I'm kind of picky/ocd about my straps.

I all ready had two of the Ernie Ball Leather straps and really like them. I'm a big guy, so the fact that they adjust from 43 to 63" is very useful.

Good leather. Stitched all the way around plus around the eyelets and adjustment holes.

I got another for my Special and one for the Sonex I've got on layaway.

101_0315_zps46570127.jpg

Just thought I'd throw it out there as a good product/experience.

NHTom

Very cool straps. I've never spent alot of money on straps. I just get the cheap Rock Steady straps from GC. I guess they are made of nylon. They work, just dont look as cool.

Nice straps.

I've never really paid too much attention my guitar straps as fa as quality and other features. I've just gotten straps that I felt would look good with the guitar they'd be used with.

Generally, I'll get cloth straps of some sort—either a solid color or a design if it appeals to me and will look good with said guitar.

Nice straps must check those out,

I usually get he levys 2.5" wide or the fender deluxe ones.... prefer the wider leather straps.

I think that's my favorite; I think the suede leather one I found to be the most comfortable is a Levy's 2.5" - it's soft and supple and just plumb comfortable.

But I require a minimum strap length of 55-60 inches. I guess I sling a little low and it is getting harder and harder to find straps hanging in any of the guitar shops that go that long...

I like my string height to be about midway between my belly-button and my short-hairs...

If I sling any higher I find I bunch my shoulders to adjust to the height and it fatigues me/my arms...

That's my comfort level where I can play for hours.

Archived