Gibson Brands Forums

Value'ing a vintage guitar

mrspacelysc

What is the most reasonable way to get the market value for a 1989 Gibson J200 for insurance purposes? I want to list my more expensive instruments on an insurance rider so I don't get ripped off if they get damaged/stolen/etc.

I had my guitars appraised through "WorthPoint" worthologists: http://www.worthpoint.com/. They did a comparison report on the value of my guitars after I sent them some pics & a description of the guitar. I have that report for use should something happen to one of the guitars. They give a background report of the guitar, a valuation estimate on replacement, auction & quick sale. Great insurance tool. Back in 2010, it cost $19.99 for each report. Well worth the cost I think.

What is the most reasonable way to get the market value for a 1989 Gibson J200 for insurance purposes? I want to list my more expensive instruments on an insurance rider so I don't get ripped off if they get damaged/stolen/etc.

No cracks, or repairs? $2500.00 thats the Going Price for Used J200s these days in nice condition.. .. 1989 ish was the beginning Bozeman..

Archived