Gibson Brands Forums

Please tell me if this LP Supreme is the real one on not

chnmoz

It's a little tough to say for sure because of the angle of the camera in the first picture but here's my opinion using the second picture.

The shape of the top of the headstock looks completely f'd up to me. It should swoop lower and looks like they didn't even make the cuts proportionately on each side.

The serial number and "Made in U.S.A. stamps are crooked.

The finish looks like it was gooped on really thick; one of the appeals of the Supreme is the nice wood grain.

It's either a fake or somebody had a wicked hangover at Gibson the day that guitar was built.

Here's a pic for a Supreme for sale at Sweetwater for comparison.

027380320-serial-l.jpg

Fake. We don't like to be specific here since it only helps them get a little smarter and she won't let you catch her the next time (sorry, BB King digression there). Anyway there are a couple more things bad about that headstock and tuners.

Hmm.

The tuners look like they've been spray painted. The headstock cap cut looks way wrong. The color of the back is your typical "hide the cheap wood" opaque finish.

Ask the seller for more pics, and post them. We need a good laugh around here.

There are many things wrong with this guitar on the headstock alone,would love to see the rest of it.

and where did the hacker get the truss rod cover plate?

It appears to be a cut piece of brass and etched by hand with a friggin dremel tool...I'm not even going to mention the sloppy a55 un-mother of pearl logo as well as the binding on the top of the miss matched arches......ok will shut up now.

Archived