Gibson Brands Forums

If you could only have one album.....

dbrian66

For me it comes down to three albums. None of them are by my favorite bands but all three are albums I can listen to start to finish over and over again. Purple rain by Prince, Nothing's Shocking by Janes Addiction, and The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance. In the end I think it has to be Nothing's Shocking. Probably not the most popular answer but just what I like.

Ok, typical story. If you were stranded o a desert island and could only have one album to listen to, what would it be?

LZ 1 or 2, or Dark Side of the Moon, or um, ... probably something from The Doors. scratch that ... Shades of Deep Purple.

no wait there's no electricity on a desert isle so i'm screwed to humming my favs. out loud! here we come acapella Hey Joe!

Mostly, I'm very thankful that I cannot have just one album! :rolleyes:

If I had to pick I'd probably pick a double album to maximize my selection.

Maybe Physical Graffiti (Led Zeppelin)

Maybe Blonde on Blonde (Bob Dylan)

Maybe Exile on Main Street (Rolling Stones)

Maybe the White Album (The Beatles) - No scratch that Abbey Road is way better.

Okay, I'm choosing Exile on Main Street.

Spirit - Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus.

Mountain, Cream, Iron Butterfly, and The Beatles were up there for me also, but one choice came down to Spirit.

LZ 1 or 2, or Dark Side of the Moon, or um, ... probably something from The Doors. scratch that ... Shades of Deep Purple.

no wait there's no electricity on a desert isle so i'm screwed to humming my favs. out loud! here we come acapella Hey Joe! No, seriously, Larry Welk's Champagne Orchestra ... come on!

no wait there's no electricity on a desert isle so i'm screwed to humming my favs. out loud! here we come acapella Hey Joe!

Excellent choices indeed!!

hmmm...since I'll probably be going insane anyway, maybe I'd take Trout Mask Replica (or maybe Ted Nugent's first album [biggrin] )

...but then I'd miss the sound of people in a crowd too, so its probably got to be a live album... perhaps If You Want Blood You Got It, to re-live my youth?

...no, its going to be Celebration Day!! [thumbup]

hmmm...since I'll probably be going insane anyway, maybe I'd take Trout Mask Replica

That is about the last thing I expected to hear on this thread.

lol..

Love it. Good on ya.

I hope our individual islands are close enough to swap!!!!!!!

This question comes up every year or so, and my answer is ALWAYS the same, and maybe NOT what you would expect from an old jazzer.

Derek and the Dominos - LAYLA (and other assorted love songs).

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac:

Jumping at Shadows: The Blues Years

51aUf1uSK1L.jpg

Although I must admit, this one's a very close 2nd"

51YVAJCDVCL.jpg

I would probably prefer a hand-selected mix from both those albums...

Archived