Gibson Brands Forums

If you could only have one album.....

dbrian66

Ok, typical story. If you were stranded o a desert island and could only have one album to listen to, what would it be?

I guess I shouldn't ask where the power will be coming from to play the album? [biggrin]

I would want something with a variety of different sounding songs. That's why I wouldn't choose a Metal album. I guess I will join some others and say "Abbey Road". :-k

Quapman - let's enjoy this together!

Well,, thanks for sharing that. That was great. Zappa on acoustic. cool.

[thumbup]

I gotta admit, I have never heard that tune.

I never did keep up with the bootlegs though.

But of all the artists who have been bootlegged,, Zappa must be one of the

more desirable ones. He had so much stuff that never made it to release.

That was great to hear.

Thanks Scales.

Spirit - Twelve Dreams Of Dr. Sardonicus.

Mountain, Cream, Iron Butterfly, and The Beatles were up there for me also, but one choice came down to Spirit.

Thats always been in my top 5 favorites. it's a masterpiece.

But i'll have to go with "Revolver" by the Beatles

Thin Lizzy......Live & Dangerous......and a solar powered turntable to play it on...over and over and over.....GO AWAY RESCUE SHIP.....I'M HAPPY HERE !!!!!!

even my Grandmother LOVED it...she was 61 when i 1st got it in '78

41eUqMsHFoL._SL500_SX300_.jpg

This one.

While I love many different kinds of music, Dvorak had the kind of depth that if you listen to his symphonies a thousand times, you can still find new things.

I've played #9 in symphonic band, and I've owned it on LP and a couple of CDs (until I found a great interpretation). I've also heard it over 1,000 times. I remember driving down the road on a long trip, so I put it in the player. I was driving and listening, and I got to a part in the 4th movement where I noticed he put combined part of the opening theme with part of the melodic theme of the 3rd movement together as the melody, used a fragment of another theme as the bass figure, and used a fragment of another theme as the counter melody. Blew me away. These are Anton's 3 greatest symphonies, and after listening them thousands of times, there are still new discoveries to be made. For that reason, it would be my 'desert island' CD.

Insights and incites by Notes

Al Dimeola..."Elegant Gypsy"

IF.... it was just one.

or Maybe the Live album he did with John McLaughlin and Paco DeLucia.... (I saw that tour live when they came through Denver 30 years ago.)

Just one!? ...can't do it

Kind of be a toss up for me

Abby Road

Revolver

Rubber Soul

Eagles <greatest hits>

Yes, a good compilation album of Abbey Road, Revolver, and Rubber Soul, with some

tracks from Sgt. Pepper, and "The Beatles" (AKA The White Album) thrown in, would

be Awesome!! [biggrin]

But then, "I" Love all The Beatles stuff, from the beggining, on! So... [tongue][biggrin]

CB

Archived